Momentary footswitch with intelligent relay module.

JesseLedger

Hi. Another noob here. My names is Jesse from Canada.

I’m trying to find how to mod pedals that have the latching footswitch to the EQD style with the intelligent DPDT relay module of pedalpcb.
I have the pcb the relay and the pre programmed chip and the assembly looks on the easy side. But after everything is soldered. What to do next.

Thanks.

I’m trying to find how to mod pedals that have the latching footswitch to the EQD style with the intelligent DPDT relay module of pedalpcb.
I have the pcb the relay and the pre programmed chip and the assembly looks on the easy side. But after everything is soldered. What to do next.

Thanks.
Bump

Thanks.
You put it in the enclosure?
If you are modding pedals, it's going to depend on the pedal you are modding. The *first* thing to do is see if there's even room to accommodate the modification.
Then you'll have to figure out how to wire it. That's going to vary by pedal as well.
You have to have wires for IO jacks, power+ ground and circuit IO hooked to the corresponding pads on the pcb.
If it's a production pedal with the jacks and or foot switch soldered to the main PCB, it's going to be a little more complicated than take some more work on your rent to figure out how to interface it.
Can help with a specific example but there's no one size fits all instructions.

Hi Jesse, the only part that might trip up a noob is: you must run 9v power to both the bypass board and the effects board.
These little D.C. breakout boards make it slightly easier. I just graft two 9v+ and ground wires from the DC jack and run wires to both boards.

Other than that, the labels on the PCB correspond to the effects board (provided you're using a project from PedalPCB.) It should all make sense once you start hooking it up. If not, just ask. Good luck!

So to clarify,
you're taking a build that uses a normal 3PDT latching footswitch bypass,
and you want to convert it to a relay-based bypass.

The way your post was worded I thought (to begin with) you were trying to mod your circuit in some way, but you just want a relay bypass instead of a 3PDT.

Have you soldered all the bits'n'bobs relay etc onto the relay-bypass board already?
Can you post pics of your build, both the relay board and the effect-PCB?

Back