Momentary footswitch with the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module

toto_

Hi,
I need your help about the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module, I want to use it as a momentary footswitch only. So, basically when the switch is pressed the effect is activated and when the switch is released the effect is deactivated (I only want this behavior).
Is there a simple way to do that on the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module (I already have one assembled)? Or do I have to program the ATTINY13A?

Thank you for your messages :)

Let me give you more details about my need (I should've start with that...):
I have a G-lab Wah Pad (see attachment) it works the same way as a SPST momentary footswitch => when the pad is pressed the sleeve and the ring are connected, when it's released there is no connection.
My idea is to activate/bypass my wah pedal thanks to this pad and to the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module => when the pad is pressed the wah is activated and when the pad is released the wah is deactivated (the wah pedal is on the pad)

I would use:
- 1 enclosure
- 2 jack sockets for the wah pedal
- 2 jack sockets as input and output
- 1 stereo jack socket for the wah pad
- the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module would be inside the enclosure

Is there a simpler solution than the IRB to meet my need? If not, do I have to program the ATTINY13A?

Attachments

• g-lab-wp-wah-pad-95318.jpg
    g-lab-wp-wah-pad-95318.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 5
The Short of it : No need to program the ATTINY13A, I bet, and I don't think there's a simpler solution.

Cool project!

The long version of my post :

Looking at a couple demos of the G-Lab Wah Pad, it is basically a bypass system for treadle-pedals (Wah, Variphase, Rotovibe, etc) and uses pressure sensitivity to engage and bypass the treadle-enclosure.

bn17ys9b0jljoono6i55.jpg

The G-Lab WP already has/is a bypass system;
Adding the IRB to the Wah Pad is like taking a fully functional true-bypass pedal and sticking it in a true-bypass loop.

Ahh, okay, your pic wasn't loading for me, to begin with.
I see what you have is the "G-Lab GLA WP" — it's meant to be compatible with the G Lab Guitar System Controller, which I guess is what you're missing.

Yeah, I can see the IRB working well for you.

Should be straight forward to hook up the stereo-jack/plug for your Wah Pad to where the Footswitch would go on the IRB.

Maybe these threads will help:

There are 3 features in the standard mode in the IRB :
  • Tap footswitch to toggle between active / bypass (standard operation)
  • Hold down the footswitch while the pedal is bypassed to momentarily activate the effect until the footswitch is released
  • Hold down the footswitch while the pedal is activated to momentarily bypass the effect until the footswitch is released
The 2nd and 3rd features are exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't want the first one 😆 And I don't see any other solutions than programming the ATTINY13A, did I miss something?

There are 3 features in the standard mode in the IRB :
  • Tap footswitch to toggle between active / bypass (standard operation)
  • Hold down the footswitch while the pedal is bypassed to momentarily activate the effect until the footswitch is released
  • Hold down the footswitch while the pedal is activated to momentarily bypass the effect until the footswitch is released
The 2nd and 3rd features are exactly what I'm looking for. But I don't want the first one 😆 And I don't see any other solutions than programming the ATTINY13A, did I miss something?
Either 2 *OR* 3 could be done with nothing more than a momentary DPDT footswitch and nothing else.

Yes I did.
I couldn't use a DPDT footswitch since I wanted to toggle the pedal remotely with the G-lab Wah Pad (which is actually my footswitch).

So, I basically had to reprogram the ATTINY13A in order to have this behavior:
  • when the G-lab Wah Pad is pressed (either a short press or a long press) the effect is on
  • when the G-lab Wah Pad is released the effect is bypassed
To do so, I did a fork of this mcu-relay-controller project and I made all the necessary adjustments to make it compatible with the Intelligent Relay Bypass Module.
Here is the result, it works like a charm! If I don't forget, I'll try to post a photo of the enclosure containing the IRB and the jacks.

Back