Bolide, Magentron, and Gravitation in one!

briangenepool

Finished up “Distort + Delay + Reverb ver. 2”. Version 1 didn’t drive me insane enough and everyone thought it was cool but I thought I’d make a less ambient meat and potatoes one of these for myself just to have and have what I like. Uses a Engl Powerball clone using Pedalpcb’s “Bolide” pcb as the distortion. Delay is. Keeley “ Magnetic Echo” using Pedalpcb’s “Magnetron” pcb. Reverb is a EQD “Levitation” clone using Pedalpcb’s “Gravitation” pcb. An all in one guitar effects solution. Saltwater etched aluminum and painted recess then polished. # IMG_5615.jpeg IMG_5616.jpeg

Is the typewriter-esque (the "smoothness" I am seeing here) result typical for saltwater etching?

Hadn't heard of this before, and the first images google gives me show the intense depth of the etching, but also a certain level of bluntness?

gut shots?!
Is the typewriter-esque (the "smoothness" I am seeing here) result typical for saltwater etching?

Hadn't heard of this before, and the first images google gives me show the intense depth of the etching, but also a certain level of bluntness?
The short answer is Yes you are correct what I think you are referring to as “bluntness” is common with salt-water etching. It’s a result of the etch bleeding past the mask. But you get a much deeper etch and you can mitigate this bleeding my heating up the back of the enclosure with a torch to the the mask to stick better around the fine details like the words. Hope this answers your question.

Looks super cool! How do you like the Magnetron and Gravitation together? I have Magnetron on my board and the Gravitation is on the top of my list for my next build.

Back