Caeser Chorus Mounting

Itsmedant

Hey all! New to the forum but I’ve built a few pedals in the past. Mainly wah wahs with a guy who owned his own company that made them, so plenty of room to run wires between switches and pots!

This is the first full build I’ve done with everything mounted directly to the PCB and I thought I did a pretty good job with lining up the drilling template but now that I’ve test mounted everything, I have found that i overestimated my skill level at that point. Everything is a bit low by a few millimeters which prevents the pots to “lock in” to their spots on the pcb without bumping into the switch.

My question here, I have a ton of hookup wire and heat shrink available, can I just solder some of it too the lugs on the pots/switches and run it into the pcb spots? Anyone see any huge issue with doing that?

Or do I need to scrap the enclosure and try again? IMG_9620.jpeg IMG_9618.jpeg

I think I can safely say that most of us here are “above average.”

(At least in terms of hobby expenditures.)
And I have too many hobbies. Apart from guitar and all the gear that goes along with it, I'm pretty big into leatherworking. I spent $600 on a set of custom knives for my self. The pricking irons (things you use to do the holes for stitching) were $190 each, and then that doesn't even include the leather itself!

I am going to start making some custom guitar straps soon, and my first instinct is to figure out a way to use shell cordovan (the most expensive leather per sq/ft there is).

Why am I like this!?

I think I’m going to give this a try tomorrow and see if it gives me enough space to fit it all in there. If not, I’ll just try on another enclosure! I need to get my 3d printer up and running so I can print of that enclosure guide someone made here

I think I’m going to order a handful of the mini switches anyways. Does the switch pcb fit on those as well? Was debating on grabbing a few of those too.

I hadn’t even fully planned out what I was going to do about the LEDs. I was going to put them in and perhaps run a small wire from each leg.

But at this point, the amount of extra work I’ll need to do is probably how long it would take to drill out another enclosure!
I just did this as an experiment, 1/8'' or 3.25mm is all you will get at the extreme!

16 mm Offset Legs.jpg

Just got my low profile switches in and a bare metal enclosure to practice with. I also have the 3d printed drilling template someone posted ready to try out too!

May give it a go tonight after work if my brain isn’t mush

Well that escalated quickly…went to the site to buy JUST the low profile switches…$70 later my order is in.

0f23169ec402896814b9df6d11e57686.jpg

You didn't really want to pay those $₶৲₱₱৲₦₲ ¢₶₳₹₲€$ just for a handful of switches?
Better to make the $₶৲₱₱৲₦₲ ¢₶₳₹₲€$ worthwhile and order up.

IMHO...
Never scrap an enclosure (or anything).
Save the enclosure for a different build, you'll find the right project for it down the road if you don't make it work with this current project.

Haven't been able to work on this since I got the new parts. One of my dog's needed emergency eye surgery so we've been working on helping him heal.

He's pretty much blind and just bumps around the house right now.

Back