Muzzle NG versus Zuul NG

guitarbruno76

Hi to all,
I' ve got the Muzzle noise gate from Musikding, a good one.
For some reason, I'd prefer to avoid the FX loop of my amp , cause adding too much jack cables in the circuit...
So I'd like to choose Fortin Zuul+ method, 4 cables with no FX loop.
When I experiment it, it doesnt work fine, I have sound, but the noise gate is too drastic! It cuts the buzzes when I use disto, but the sound is hesitant. Also when I use clean sound, the sustain is bad.
So I can only use the Muzzle, with simple option ( no side chain) or 4 cables option with FX loop of my amp.
The pedal chain with problem is:
Guitar _ Side chain in - Side chain out - All noisy pédals (wah, comp,od, dist) - Noise gate in - Noise gate out - All space and mod pedals ( chorus, reverb, delay...) - Amp.
So do you encounter same problem?
Thx to all, greetings from France.
Bruno

Last edited:
I got twice a defective chips. The pedal doesn't work fine, especially with the four cable method in the FX loop, the one that should be the best. In general in the FX loop it doesn't work good at all.
I couldn't use the noise gate, because it cut hum and sound.
The first one I built the Muzzle, the one with the original chip no smd, was perfect!
The third smd chip I received worked better.

Thx a lot for replying.
Actually this noise gate is a bit tricky to assemble, I've finally choosen the enclosure BB type , bigger than 125B, but it's a better garanty to avoid issues!
However 4 cables with "yes FX Loop" works fine with my rig.
But have you tried option 4 cables with "no FX loop"?

Attachments

• FORTIN_zuulplus_2023_4CM no FX loop.jpg
    FORTIN_zuulplus_2023_4CM no FX loop.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 8
Finally , it was the output jack of the side chain, which was in default!
4 cables method without FX loop is ok ! (y)
I've fixed it , folding the metallic pieces inside it and putting some contacts cleaner.
Hoping it works now for a long time ...:rolleyes: but the replacement of these parts (side chain) can be done in the future, it seems fragile.
By the way, I've changed the enclosure for a 125 B, it takes obviously less space on my peadlboard!

Attachments

• Muzzle pedal board 125B enclosure.jpg
    Muzzle pedal board 125B enclosure.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hi to all,
I' ve got the Muzzle noise gate from Musikding, a good one.
For some reason, I'd prefer to avoid the FX loop of my amp , cause adding too much jack cables in the circuit...
So I'd like to choose Fortin Zuul+ method, 4 cables with no FX loop.
When I experiment it, it doesnt work fine, I have sound, but the noise gate is too drastic! It cuts the buzzes when I use disto, but the sound is hesitant. Also when I use clean sound, the sustain is bad.
So I can only use the Muzzle, with simple option ( no side chain) or 4 cables option with FX loop of my amp.
The pedal chain with problem is:
Guitar _ Side chain in - Side chain out - All noisy pédals (wah, comp,od, dist) - Noise gate in - Noise gate out - All space and mod pedals ( chorus, reverb, delay...) - Amp.
So do you encounter same problem?
Thx to all, greetings from France. geometry dash wave
Bruno
The 4 cables don't have FX loops, right? I haven't tried this method but when using the FX loop I get a noise error. It even filters the sound making it very quiet instead of just reducing the noise. Maybe I will try your method. Hope it works better.

Back