reliable supplier of HT8950 voice chip for Roboto question

Stelloh42

Hey all - if anyone knows of a reliable supplier for the out-of-production HT8950 18-pin voice chip, I'd love to hear about it. Ebay is sketchy for this type of stuff. I found a supplier in Montreal that has them listed on their website - but all they actually have is HT8950A 16 pin chips - these are basically the same chip but without the legs for the rotary switch the Roboto uses.

I need two of them.

Any recommends from anyone who has built this design successfully, recently would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

-Chris

I also got mine there. It did take a month to get to me in the US. Built the roboto and it works great.
I got a couple on order from them - they have all ready sent me ship notification, but being that they are coming from China - I'm most likely in for a long wait. Thanks!!!

I have some ht8950a ;on that note does anybody know what it would take to modify the robot for a 16dip chip in place of the standard ht8950? Or any other voice modulation pedals it might work in? Pin out and specs in the pdf

Attachments

• IMG_8058.jpeg
    IMG_8058.jpeg
    351.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 8950v110.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 2
Banzai unreliable? :/ Ordered a bunch of ICs from them for future builds...
Just my observation based on other people's dealings with Banzai — I personally have never ordered from Banzai, based on said observations.
Bonzai often claims to have stuff in stock when you order but then back-orders it on your Bill of Sale — that's one of the complaints I've read.
Unfortunately, Bonzai is one of the bigger fish in the Euro-pond and people have to fish local.

Just my observation based on other people's dealings with Banzai — I personally have never ordered from Banzai, based on said observations.
Bonzai often claims to have stuff in stock when you order but then back-orders it on your Bill of Sale — that's one of the complaints I've read.
Unfortunately, Bonzai is one of the bigger fish in the Euro-pond and people have to fish local.
Yeah, they pop up all the time when Googling stuff. Good to know I need to not trust them blindly. :)

ill pipe up.
never had an issue with the quality of banzai parts.
Bonzai often claims to have stuff in stock when you order but then back-orders it on your Bill of Sale
yep. sadly this is true. this shit does my head in. they didn't used to do this so much.
but now i cannot trust anything they say about what is and isn't in stock.
also their shipping charges suddenly got way more expensive.

and somehow they're still a better option than smallbear (for me). and technically USA is closer AUS than EU. none of this makes any sense :ROFLMAO:

Back