How to bias transistors? The basics!

Hey everyone, I've built a handful of pedals over the last few years but with the Mofeta I hit a roadblock, as I do not know the first thing about biasing transistors. I understand the general concept, but the actual exact method for doing so step-by-step is unknown to me and has been surprisingly hard for me to find info on, written for beginners. Can anyone point me toward this or possibly break it down here for my benefit / posterity?

Biasing transistors can definitely be a bit tricky if you're new to it, and they involve setting the correct voltages at the Base, Collector, and Emitter to ensure the transistor operates as desired. By measuring these voltages and adjusting resistors accordingly, you can get your transistor working perfectly in your pedal circuit. find relevant information to lay a solid foundation is the first.:)
Hey everyone, I've built a handful of pedals over the last few years but with the Mofeta I hit a roadblock, as I do not know the first thing about biasing transistors. I understand the general concept, but the actual exact method for doing so step-by-step is unknown to me and has been surprisingly hard for me to find info on, written for beginners. Can anyone point me toward this or possibly break it down here for my benefit / posterity?

Back