tayda shipping

Unfortunately if it in customs in the destination country it is officially out of Tayda/Thailands control. Basically, the Thai post will deliver it to customs where it will be "allowed" into your country, after its been released your coutntries/city post will complete the delivery.

Customs is different in every country, bust all I know is that here in the states I had some suff from Japan come in during the pandemic an it sat in customs for 2.5months. It sucks but eventually most of the time it will get there.

They must have worked out some shipping deal and are back to their cheap shipping because I just ordered about $150 work of components (no enclosures) and my DHL fee was $.99 for shipping.
I think with the component only orders its a bit different. Ive have ordered lots of parts only invoices from them with that $150-$200 total and it was always real cheap. Basically it comes down to the package dimensions and its weight, more space it takes up and heavier it it the more $$$ it will be. This is usually exponentially rising costs too meaning that it VERY quickly increases in cost by a lot. Even big component orders usually ship in a tiny box or even a padded envelope so that overhead to get it to the states is pretty low!

Yeah all that makes sense. I just remember people complaining here that the cheap shipping changed at the end of last year and became more expensive. It seems like that has changed back.

@Joaquín V I'm not sure how shipping works in Portugal, but do you have to pay duty/custom fees? If so, have you done that already? I know for countries in Europe, that customs will hold your packages until those fees are paid.

@Joaquín V I'm not sure how shipping works in Portugal, but do you have to pay duty/custom fees? If so, have you done that already? I know for countries in Europe, that customs will hold your packages until those fees are paid.
I was thinking about this. But I didn't receive anything to pay in taxes. Usually shouldn't I get something to pay? it's the first time I use thailand post and my fear is exactly that I should pay something and I don't know where and how because I don't get anything.

Back