Emu Amp Sim Switches

The slide switches recommended for this build don’t protrude out of the enclosure. Rather it’s about flush with it. Adding the faceplate makes it worse. Disappointing. I might try to crazy glue a bit of plastic onto them so that they protrude more, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Two thoughts- can the switches be mounted on the tips of their legs to get a bit more length? Also, can the legs on your pots be (carefully) bent so that the PCB gets closer to the face of the enclosure?

The body of the switch is directly against the enclosure. The problem is the actuator height of the switch is too short. It’s 3mm but really should be 9mm.

No one else had this issue?

If I remember correctly, it’s been kinda difficult sourcing these switches. Outside of sketchy ali dealers, the one Robert has for sale were the only good ones we could find. Are you able to toggle them at all even thought they don’t stick out? Like with your thumbnail or with a pic or something?

The body of the switch is directly against the enclosure. The problem is the actuator height of the switch is too short. It’s 3mm but really should be 9mm.

You have to drill out the area around the switches entirely. The switches should be bumping against the back of the faceplate, not the enclosure.

This is why the holes for the slide switches are so exaggerated on the drill template. (Not because I really liked Total Recall)
1728905445168.png

With that said, @Rpschultz13 has built one without the faceplate and the switches appear to protrude through the enclosure like they should.

Last edited:
That might actually work. Drilling the larger holes in the enclosure and putting the switches flush against the faceplate. Smart.

I used the Tayda drill template that was provided to me which only had the rectangle holes cut in the enclosure.

I’ll check this out when I get home. Thank you for your suggestions!

Could a on-on-on toggle switch be used rather than slide switches? The slide switches are DP3T and toggle switches seem to be DPDT so I’m not sure. If they can be used, what would the wiring look like for this project?

It doesn't seem like the dpdt on/on/on can be used.

The schematic from the dp3t datasheet:
dp3t.PNG
Schematic of dpdt on/on/on:
dpdt.PNG
Schematic from the Emu docs:
sw1.PNG

The three positions on the dpdt do not provide three separate paths, but rather the middle ON is a variation of the other two ON positions.

Back