DEMO When your combo build is redundant.

This post contains an audio or video demo

Pauleo1214

Admittedly, I am prone to dumb musings. Worse yet, sometimes I act on them; like turning the VHS into a combo build using other PCBs. This one uses the Sea Horse, Spirit Box, and Amentum Boost. Redundant? Totally. Does it sound good at least? Yes. I call it Galactica though I think Galaga is a better name.

20210519_005122.jpg

20210519_005152.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic!

BRC is far superior to a VCR.
To paraphrase from another Space Adventure series: "Control, we must have controls!"
Rasta-colours! Jah! smoke your gunja, listen to th' Reggae and build more pedals, mon!

UHm, looks like one of those diodes could emit more than light.

Crazy great! Nice butt-plug! (sorry couldn't resist).

@peccary maybe something like this? (not mine)

View attachment 12027
There really needs to be a thread titled Unfortunate LED placement. They don't make brown LEDs! Saw this build on GuitarPCB. The center board is already a 3 in 1 circuit that combines a OD/ Fuzz/ and Boost. I built that particular board into a 125B. What are the guidelines on posting builds using PCBs from other forums?
Nice work!

I like the idea of doing a couple of pedals in one enclosure, but haven't had any inspiration yet.
i've done a number of combo builds and their all a lot of fun.
1. Procrastinator into a chalumeau.
2. Robot into a catacylsm delay
3. Superheterodyne Receiver into woodpecker tremolo into Phase 2
4. Chalumeau into a Pitch Witch

As soon as the FV-1 chips are in stock I will probably make a Leprechaun into a Dark Rift Delay.

As soon as I replied I was like “this is why no one invites you to parties damnit” anyways what I forgot to say is excellent build man! I love seeing multi board builds
No worries! I've even flipped labeling on a two knob fuzz. As soon as my friend turned up the gain he incraesed the volume and pissed off his wife. When that happened I was like, "Tt's poor attention to labelling and designs like this that you have no friends, damnit!"
20210520_143057 (1).jpg

I recognise all that GPCB stuff. The top one is EQ, the combo OD Fuzz Boost Pauleo mentioned is in the middle, 2 of the 4 stompers are dry/wet splitter-mixers another is an afterblaster (JFET boost) and then a regular 3PDT daughterboard. The two on the far outside... Left is a FuzzFace, I think, with a daughterboard DPDT toggle popped with trimmers, and on the right is an EQD GhostEcho reverb.
Crazy great! Nice butt-plug! (sorry couldn't resist).

@peccary maybe something like this? (not mine)

View attachment 12027

MAN there's a lot goin on in there...

There really needs to be a thread titled Unfortunate LED placement. They don't make brown LEDs! Saw this build on GuitarPCB. The center board is already a 3 in 1 circuit that combines a OD/ Fuzz/ and Boost. I built that particular board into a 125B. What are the guidelines on posting builds using PCBs from other forums?

i've done a number of combo builds and their all a lot of fun.
1. Procrastinator into a chalumeau.
2. Robot into a catacylsm delay
3. Superheterodyne Receiver into woodpecker tremolo into Phase 2
4. Chalumeau into a Pitch Witch

As soon as the FV-1 chips are in stock I will probably make a Leprechaun into a Dark Rift Delay.

No worries! I've even flipped labeling on a two knob fuzz. As soon as my friend turned up the gain he incraesed the volume and pissed off his wife. When that happened I was like, "Tt's poor attention to labelling and designs like this that you have no friends, damnit!"
View attachment 12029
Haha that’s great! Careful or you’ll have a divorced buddy crashing on your couch. Also that story about sudden volume annoying the misses is all too relatable

Haha that’s great! Careful or you’ll have a divorced buddy crashing on your couch. Also that story about sudden volume annoying the misses is all too relatable
The ironic part of your comment is said buddy had a divorced buddy crash on his couch.

I am toying with recording my pedals direct into a DAW. I hope to make a demo of this pedal without my awful phone.

The ironic part of your comment is said buddy had a divorced buddy crash on his couch.

I am toying with recording my pedals direct into a DAW. I hope to make a demo of this pedal without my awful phone.
Hahah oh man that’s bad.

looking forward to it!

Back