“The Sun (XIX)” Sunflower/Sandspur Fuzz (Sunface clones)

Had2Much2Think

IMG_1728.jpeg IMG_1729.jpeg IMG_1730.jpeg
“The Sun (XIX)” Fuzz- Si/Ge Sunface clones (Sunflower/Sandspur- PedalPCB)

Here’s my newest waterslide decal attempts. The artwork comes from “The Sun” card from the infamous occultist Aleister Crowley’s Thoth Tarot deck. I figured it would be appropriate for the “Sunface” clones. The gold and the “sundial” are of course nods to the OG Analogman pedal.

The silicon fuzz was my first build so I practiced on that first (couldn’t be worse than the bare enclosure with a Grogu sticker on it I figured) and today I swapped the BC108’s out for 183’s and I really dig the sound.

The germanium fuzz is my favorite pedal I’ve built and never leaves my board. I had that in a pretty ghetto repurposed enclosure colored up with paint markers but I decided it needed an upgrade/rehousing. The transistors are a 2SB56 for Q1 and a 2SB175 I pulled out of an old reel to reel. I really love the way it sounds. The knob on the side is the “clean” trimpot (input gain) wired up to be external which I do find to be useful as an external control. I usually dial it back just a hair and use my guitars volume for the rest.

I’ll try to post some sound clips later.

Back