18V Klon (No Charge Pump) Variant?

Looking forward to my Skeleklone build after discovering my VIIb picks up the charge pump whine from my current kliche, just like my Old Chap
IMG_3925.jpeg

Sorry if this is mentioned above, but has anyone tried isolating the OUT ground? If the input and output cable grounds are tied to the klon circuit ground, they’ll be DC coupled to the circuit ground of the following circuit(s).

Sorry if this is mentioned above, but has anyone tried isolating the OUT ground? If the input and output cable grounds are tied to the klon circuit ground, they’ll be DC coupled to the circuit ground of the following circuit(s).
If I’m understanding you right, without grounding the output, you wouldn’t have anything but hum. I’m not sure to what else you could ground it any other way.

If I’m understanding you right, without grounding the output, you wouldn’t have anything but hum. I’m not sure to what else you could ground it any other way.
Good point, I should've suggested better isolation of the power and signal ground. That's a design issue and is not a simple fix that can be implemented on a existing board though.

Back