2SK208-Y available

I'll snap a pic of mine tomorrow if I get a chance for comparison.

I really didn't give them much thought when I installed them, but I also didn't hear (or see with my scope) any significant difference between J201 and 2SK208.

I know the thread has drifted into a different area but just FYI, I got some 2SK208-Y from the ebay seller in the first post and they seem legit (they work at least). I'm in the UK though so the expense was minimal, not sure if they'd be worth importing into the US.

I know the thread has drifted into a different area but just FYI, I got some 2SK208-Y from the ebay seller in the first post and they seem legit (they work at least). I'm in the UK though so the expense was minimal, not sure if they'd be worth importing into the US.
Thanks - just picked some of these up from this seller. When mine arrive I’d be happy my to post some to people in the US. I only need one and had to buy 10.

Reactions: fig
2SK30 are the same thing as the 208s, spec wise. I have some through hole SK30s but I had to switch pins 2&3 of the fet for the board. IE. SK30s are SGD and the through holes are SDG.
I used a GR SK30 that was on the low end for GRs, it's ok.

In case anyone is still wondering about this, the 2SK208s and 2SK30s DO seem to be the same thing in terms of performance, but for those who (like me) prefer the warm fuzzies of soldering SMD FETs to a breakout/header pins (it’s just nice being able to toss them in a component tester first and know they’re done right) the 208s and 30s seem to have different pinouts. At the very least, my 208s, when on a breakout, are the usual DSG, and the through-hole 30s seem to be DGS. I’m also uncertain if the Low Tide will be quite the same if one uses a J201, because both JFETs in the circuit are employed as amplifiers and the second JFET is a J201 anyway, so one would assume there’s a reason. Or, maybe (again, like me) Fairfield just believes the 208/30 to sound extra delicious and refuses to accept that maybe it sounds the same.

Back