3d printed enclosures

siegeofnorth

Hopefully someone else might find this useful... I've put together a set of OpenSCAD library files to render Hammond-style enclosures that can be 3d printed. It takes the same input format that Tayda's drill tool does, so the values (diameter and coordinates) can be copied exactly between the two tools. The idea is to cheaply prototype an enclosure and test fit the parts before ordering an expensive metal part.

The source code and a few example files can be found here:
And here's a box that printer just finished with:

IMG_0915.png

There are a few vendors out there who will print STL files for you... or, if you happen to have a local makerspace near your home, odds are good they'd have a 3d printer. If you need a particular/custom file made, just shoot me a note (Tayda link / PDF / whatever) and I can add the design for you.

Hopefully someone else might find this useful... I've put together a set of OpenSCAD library files to render Hammond-style enclosures that can be 3d printed. It takes the same input format that Tayda's drill tool does, so the values (diameter and coordinates) can be copied exactly between the two tools. The idea is to cheaply prototype an enclosure and test fit the parts before ordering an expensive metal part.

The source code and a few example files can be found here:
And here's a box that printer just finished with:

View attachment 38444

Just curious.... How long does it take to 'print' one of those? or something similar.

Funny enough I did something similar with OpenSCAD to verify my drill coordinates for Tayda. But I didn't print the actual enclosure I just did the faces and then I export as PDF and print them and compare to the build docs to make sure things line up. Printing is obviously better, especially if you are diverging from the build doc, but I like your style :)

Screenshot_20221223_170855.png

Back