5uF capacitors in the Tone Vendor mk2

DAJE

Not, for example, 4.7uF.

Would I be right in assuming that a couple of 4.7uF electrolytic caps would be A-OK in there? Because I have plenty of those, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of 5uF caps in any kind of usable format.

Measure couple of the 4u7. There's a chance you'll find one or two very close to 5u. But I'm sure 4u7 is also OK.
You can also use two 10u in series ;)
Good point with the measuring, I'll do that. I'm sure there's no real reason they're listed as 5uF other than sticking to the original spec.

I used 4.7uf in mine. I think the biggest issue is going to be biasing but I assume your other thread re: using a trimmer is for this same pedal?
That did the trick for me.

I used 4.7uf in mine. I think the biggest issue is going to be biasing but I assume your other thread re: using a trimmer is for this same pedal?
That did the trick for me.
That's right. I've ordered the PCB (and a couple of others) so I'm now moving into the gathering of materials.

4u7 will do the job

Back in the day 5, 25 and 50 values were common, basically what they had around at the time

These days as you'll know it's 4.7, 22 and 47

As @temol says with a 20% tolerance you've a good chance of finding one at 5u from a 4u7 if you want to be exact

Back