70's type low/mid level OD/dirt pedal

2204Stuff

Hello,
These are what I consider old style and what I've built or have owned: (**what I've built noted.)
Kingsley Page V2 - Saturn VI - Simble OD - **Landgraff OD - **Charlie Brown V4 - **Protein Blue side - **BB/POT derivative - Vertex steel string SRV - Mythical Overdrive VS - **Klon Centaur - Xotic SL - **1981 invention DRV - **J. Rockett Majestic ~ **BJFE/Bearfoot model G - **Way Huge Red Llama - **Menatone Red snapper - **Lovepedal JTM - ***Cornish SS-2 - **Protein Blue side & **EQD Speaker Cranker.

Anything excellent that I'm missing for that 70's tone?

Thanks,

I'm not familiar enough with the stuff you've listed to know what's a copy of what, but seems like you'd want to try a DOD250/MXR D+ or maybe an electra distortion.

leaning towards the 250, I also have a Benson Preamp and it kind of sits in this camp on tone, which I like.

Thanks, for all the input.

Changes made; C2 ~ 8n/18n on a switch, C3 47n to a 100n, C5 1n to a 2n2.
Diodes (2-4148’s standard, 1n34a x2 1N4001×2 on a switch,) the 34a's had a high forward voltage, 34a's both in line reads 910 and the 4001's 1.080.

this is what I was looking for.

Thanks, for all the input.

DOD 250 post.jpg

I think you'd probably like the Skreddy Screwdriver or Hybrid Fuzz Driver. The "Fuzz Aldrin" from PedalPCB is for the Skreddy Lunar Module, but with some component tweaks you can build the Screwdriver and/or HFD. Chuck D Bones has a post here with a table showing component values for all three. I've built all three, and I think they are very "70s sounding" drives. And in fact, that is the intent of the commercial version of those pedals.

Reactions: mdc
Back