Add momentary Octave to Parenthesis

Oh yeah I like the community around this much more. I have found its harder to solder the PPCB boards (because the holes are smaller). but there is over all way more support here.
Yeah, there’s some good peeps around here. So looking over the build docs again, have you tried jumpering the 2nd and 3rd pads (blue and green respectively) as seen in the second wiring diagram to see if you get octave? Would be tons easier than rewiring the switch altogether

Yeah, there’s some good peeps around here. So looking over the build docs again, have you tried jumpering the 2nd and 3rd pads (blue and green respectively) as seen in the second wiring diagram to see if you get octave? Would be tons easier than rewiring the switch altogether
Oh that a great idea, I did but out the multi meter and some concerning things.

Yeah all the diodes attached the the rotary switch aren't showing anything on the multimeter.

Yeah all the diodes attached the the rotary switch aren't showing anything on the multimeter.
What do you mean, not showing a forward voltage, or is the switch not showing continuity to the diode pairs? Remember that the switch only affects the distortion side.

What do you mean, not showing a forward voltage, or is the switch not showing continuity to the diode pairs? Remember that the switch only affects the distortion side.
I don't know the term but when I test to see if electricity is going through any of the diodes down stream from the switch it says zero

I don't know the term but when I test to see if electricity is going through any of the diodes down stream from the switch it says zero
Continuity is making sure there is a connection between 2 points. Usually on a multimeter when the 2 test points have continuity, it will emit a beep. Forward voltage is a way to make sure the diode itself is ok. If black probe on band side and red on the other lead of the diode, you should read a number which represents the voltage drop. If zero, or infinity, the diode is bad. But that aside, let’s try and tackle one thing at a time. Try jumping the octave section and see what you get. If you still have nothing, please open a thread in the troubleshooting section so we can get more eyes on it. One thing I will tell you is that for the most efficient troubleshooting please do a visual inspection including verifying all the right parts are in the right place, look for any solder joints that may need a reflow, check for solder bridges, and clean the solder side of the board with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to remove any excess flux. Once you have done all that, post some good, well lit photos of both sides of the board and all jack and switch wiring. We will get you there.

Continuity is making sure there is a connection between 2 points. Usually on a multimeter when the 2 test points have continuity, it will emit a beep. Forward voltage is a way to make sure the diode itself is ok. If black probe on band side and red on the other lead of the diode, you should read a number which represents the voltage drop. If zero, or infinity, the diode is bad. But that aside, let’s try and tackle one thing at a time. Try jumping the octave section and see what you get. If you still have nothing, please open a thread in the troubleshooting section so we can get more eyes on it. One thing I will tell you is that for the most efficient troubleshooting please do a visual inspection including verifying all the right parts are in the right place, look for any solder joints that may need a reflow, check for solder bridges, and clean the solder side of the board with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush to remove any excess flux. Once you have done all that, post some good, well lit photos of both sides of the board and all jack and switch wiring. We will get you there.
I'll start a new thread, I do want to say weird thing. I jumped those two pads and lost the distortion effect. Second I cut the jump the distortion came back.

But yeah I'll start a new thread.

Back