Adding effect loop to delay repeats?

JamieJ

Has anyone experimented with adding an effect loop to a delays repeats only? I plan on giving this a try and other than having a buffer on the return signal, I can’t think of any issues as most effects would be instrument and not line level. The DOD rubberneck has an effects loop in it but I can’t find a schematic. Lovetone pedals also often have effect loops which is often just a simple send and return switched jack.

I would probably be most interested in adding. Chorus phaser or flangers to the repeats.

Would modulation pedals that flip phase be a problem? Would I need to add some circuitry to deal with phase like what happens in the ROG splitter blender?

Has anyone experimented with adding an effect loop to a delays repeats only? I plan on giving this a try and other than having a buffer on the return signal, I can’t think of any issues as most effects would be instrument and not line level. The DOD rubberneck has an effects loop in it but I can’t find a schematic. Lovetone pedals also often have effect loops which is often just a simple send and return switched jack.

I would probably be most interested in adding. Chorus phaser or flangers to the repeats.

Would modulation pedals that flip phase be a problem? Would I need to add some circuitry to deal with phase like what happens in the ROG splitter blender?
Not sure on the first part of the question but being as you'll have one buffer, you can set it as inverting or non-inverting as needed.
When/if Robert posts the 3 way mixer schematic, just lift the circuitry of one channel.
Conversely, add a clean blend to your delay tap the effects send after the delay output then mix the return with the clean blend. No reason to have to hack the original circuit then.
So 2 chan split, one to a delay, one to 2 chan mixer
Then put of delay to switched loop jacks. Then, loop jack to other mixer input. Mixer to output.
Set the delay to full wet and there ya go.
Or just build the splitter and mixer boards and run the full wet delay followed by mod/etc in one of the loops.

Back