Adding Send/Return Loops to Pro-10

I've been asking a lot of questions around these parts, but I live firmly by the belief that the only stupid questions are the questions not asked, so here it goes:

I'm interested in adding a send/return loop for each side of the Pro-10 (Browne Protein) just like that original unit has. There is a switch inside that activates the "split", which makes the normal-mode input jack have the in for the Green side on the tip, and the out for the Green side on the ring. It then has the normal-mode output jack have the in for the Blue side on the tip, and the out for the Blue side on the ring. This is obviously done utilizing TRS jacks.

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to accomplish this in the Pro-10 build, and I think I may have come up with something, but I need a second, third, and fourth set of eyes on this because, well, I'm new to this. I will post a picture from a build report that shows the guts of the Pro-10 that has the 4PDT toggle switch wiring drawn out. Will this work? Is there an easier way to do this? Am I galaxy braining this whole thing? Is it not even possible?

pro-10 4pdt v1 wiring.jpeg

So, for the switch, the bottom connections will be "normal" operation denoted by orange wire, the top connections will be "split" operation denoted by blue wire, and the middle connections are the switched connections denoted by yellow wire.

NORMAL OPERATION (Switch Down): The input for the green side will function as normal, and then the output pad of the Green 3PDT breakout board will run to the switch. That connection will feed the pad that (I believe) feeds the input of the Blue side. The input pad on the Blue side is then run to the switch, which is connected to the Blue side 3PDT breakout board jack input pad via the switch. It then goes out of the Blue side to the switch, which feeds the TIP of the jack.

SPLIT OPERATION (Switch Up): The input for the green side will function as normal. The output jack pad of the Green side 3PDT is then going to the switch, which is now making a connection that runs to the RING of the jack, and has severed the connection that bridges the two sides together in normal operation. The TIP of the jack on the Blue side is now operating as the input, feeding the switch lug that is making a connection with the jack input pad of the Blue side 3PDT board. It then runs through the circuit as normal, and then output pad on the PCB is feeding the switch lug that is now connected to the RING of the Blue side jack.

Does this make sense? Does it work? Again, I could be way off, and I could certainly be galaxy braining the hell out of this, but figured I'd throw it out there and see if this is doable. I feel like it has to be, right? I also feel like it could be a lot easier than this, but it's beyond me right now.

This would be so much easier with 4 jacks and wiring it with as Out (blue), Return (blue input), Send (green output), In (green), where the send and return use the standard method of TN and SN to bypass.
I'm guessing based on the PCB cutouts there's not room for that though.

This would be so much easier with 4 jacks and wiring it with as Out (blue), Return (blue input), Send (green output), In (green), where the send and return use the standard method of TN and SN to bypass.
Exactly. Originally, I was just going to add two jacks, but there won't be enough room to do so. I'm pretty certain I could add a 4PDT toggle switch though, it would just be the wiring that would be a bit crazy.

Could likely do it with the extra height of a 1590BBM/BBS/BBT enclosure

(Which the OG Protein does, as do AionFX’s dual drive projects like their Theseus and Gladiator which have switched loop jacks)

Back