Advantage of the Spin FV-1 Being Pre-Soldered...

Coda

I’ve have been wanting to build the EQD Rainbow Machine (Leprechaun) for a while now, and noticed they are back in stock today. On the product page, there is a link to a pre-soldered FV-1 (out of stock currently). What is the advantage of buying the pre-soldered FV-1 from PedalPCB vs. buying a FV-1 from Tayda or Mouser?...

They don’t sell FV-1 chips at Tayda or Mouser. There’s only a few places to get them (Smallbear, Profusion etc). If you are not comfortable with or competent at soldering SMD parts it is a great option.

What is the advantage of buying the pre-soldered FV-1 from PedalPCB vs. buying a FV-1 from Tayda or Mouser?...
Peace of mind.

I had 5 FV-1 pedals from PedalPCB, and all are working without any problem. You need the PCB anyway so go for it pre-soldered!

They don’t sell FV-1 chips at Tayda or Mouser. There’s only a few places to get them (Smallbear, Profusion etc). If you are not comfortable with or competent at soldering SMD parts it is a great option.
Peace of mind.

I had 5 FV-1 pedals from PedalPCB, and all are working without any problem. You need the PCB anyway so go for it pre-soldered!

Tayda and Mouser were just generic examples, but that's very good to know. Looks like I'm back on a waiting list for this pedal. Thanks for the replies...

Hi !
Yes that's precisely because a peace of mind matter that I'm looking at the Leprechaun page everey day, hoping that the pre-soldered FV-1 will no more be "out of stock"...
Let me guess : you've no idea of when it will be in stock again ?
Thank you in adavance :)

I have a tremor in my hands so SMD soldering is pretty much out of the question. PedalPCB offering this service has opened up a whole new subset of pedals to me by presoldering these. Plus it costs basically the same as buying the parts separate + shipping, so you’re saving a bunch of time and efficiency.

Back