AionFX Nexus

VanWhy

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I'm working through my queue knocking out some projects. This was next on the list on creating my army of Big Muff pedals.

This is the AionFX Nexus. Based on the
Catalinbread Manx Loaghtan. A clever play on a Ram's Head Big Muff. Basically it's a Muff with the tone stock split up to control treble and bass independently. This thing sounds pretty damn good. It's got a crunchy quality to it the gives it an interesting feel. One thing I noticed it that I could not turn the treble knob up very much or it was super shrill and spike-y.

I'm not completely satisfied with the paint. Spray painting is convenient but super tricky. I paint outside and I feel the weather needs to be perfect or it just doesn't come out right. I am working on moving to powder coating at some point. It's okay for now though. I do like the mini chicken knobs but I think I'm going to switch to black ones.

For me PPCB have the best boards out there. Behind them tho it Aion FX. This is my 5th or 6th and they've all been easy and reliable. This one is no exception.

Attachments

• 20230702_120323.jpg
    20230702_120323.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20230702_120316.jpg
    20230702_120316.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back