AM Rangemaster

ac30irons

Hey all, I have built a Rangemaster, schematic inserted.

It would seem that it wants to be an AM radio, mostly playing Indian jazz flute, no joke.

Can anyone enlighten me to what the hell may be going on. I have tried different leads and guitars and no change !

Attachments

• IMG_8632.jpeg
    IMG_8632.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 15
if your build was put together correctly and is working fine other than picking up some honky tonk Cb radio action I'd put my money on your input jacks,pots and footswitch might be sitting on paint instead of fresh metal.... pull it out of enclosure and brighten up the metal where those all sit....

Last edited:
Did you box it completely in a metal box?
If not, do that or shield it some other way(rubber glove wrapped in foil that's grounded or some other nonsense). If it's still producing caliente flute tunes, come back with pics.

if your build was put together correctly and is working fine other than picking up some honky tonk Cb radio action I'd put my money on your input jacks,pots and footswitch might be sitting on paint instead of fresh metal.... pull it out of enclosure and brighten up the metal where those all sit....
Thanks for the helpful reply dude. It’s in a bare enclosure. I am just waiting for it to be returned from the person I gave it too. I’m going to re-flow everything and see ! I was thinking a poor ground somewhere. It was working just fine when I sent it 😏

i bet if you strap a 1n or less cap from the base to collector of your GE transistor it will fix it but still useless without pics
Cheers dude, the person who I have given it too says that it’s happening in all positions of the Ge/Si toggle. I will have to wait till it comes back. The frustrating thing is that it wasn’t doing it when I sent it.

Back