Angry Charles + The Abyss

Love the EQD The Depths - neat build! I built mine on veroboard (didn't know our friend at PedalPCB had this PCB) - bit of a challenge to build from scratch on vero, but a very rewarding build, and it turned out well. I'm a sucker for vibes and phasers - this one has a permanent place on my board.

Love the EQD The Depths - neat build! I built mine on veroboard (didn't know our friend at PedalPCB had this PCB) - bit of a challenge to build from scratch on vero, but a very rewarding build, and it turned out well. I'm a sucker for vibes and phasers - this one has a permanent place on my board.
Thanks!
If you like good vibes :) I also recommend the Harbinger One by Madbean. Try it, you will not be disappointed. It cannot be done on vero though...

Nice builds, and I am also a phaser fan who finished a Harbinger One build late last year. How do you think the Abyss sounds in comparison to the H1?

Nice builds, and I am also a phaser fan who finished a Harbinger One build late last year. How do you think the Abyss sounds in comparison to the H1?
Thanks!
To my ears the H1 sounds warmer and fuller. I favor it over the Abyss.
Can be partially due to it being lamp driven rather than Led.
This is why I have a pedalpcb Photon Vibe board already, which is also lamp driven.
Once I build it, will compare the 3 :)

I imagine the response of the bulb as it dims and brightens is different from the LED flashing, and it seems like that would change how the sounds are filtered by the LDRs.

What made you choose the tantalums over electrolytic? The molex/pin header is a nice touch. I always like seeing peoples' build choices.

Thanks!
If you like good vibes :) I also recommend the Harbinger One by Madbean. Try it, you will not be disappointed. It cannot be done on vero though...

There is now the Harbinger 2, that is built in a Wah enclosure. I am working on it now.

do you have a part number for the molex plugs, those are killer!!! or where to get um?
These are Dupont connectors.
Can be found on eBay or:

I also use a crimp tool like this:

Cheers!

Back