Another Mercurial (1590B)

mybud

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Can't stop coming back to this marvellous clean drive of @Robert's and the board's small enough to fit into a 1590B. Dynamite in a small package, you might say.

merc2_test_fit.jpg

I drilled this for my first borked version (Seeking advice on upcoming combo (Mercurial and Tso) build) when I didn't account for elcap heights in the smaller space of a 1590B. This time around I did a test fit as above and checked component heights with due care.

merc2_innards.jpg

Ordered some Kobiconn snap-in DC sockets. These also snap out with gentle pressure on the retaining hub, so really convenient and pleasant to work with.

Back to Rean audio jacks till this batch runs out. They are reassuringly good quality and feel solid, so worth the money IMHO.

merc2_outards.jpg

Some bling called for, hence the jazzed-up toggle and jack nuts and clear 1510 knobs from our colleagues in Thailand.

This has to be one of my absolute faves for effective, versatile tone shaping. Nice board and a quick easy build.

Every home pedalboard should have one.

Thanks for reading as always and have a great weekend, y'all.

The mercurial is probably one of the simplest, to the point, and effective tone shapers out there. Can it do everything? No, but it does the job really well.

Awesome build!!

Back