Arachnid - Dual Eeprom

Thanks for the reply! Are you using the 1p8t rotary switch to switch between eeprom? So you redesigned the board?
Yes 1p8T, no I didnt lay that one out as I preferred, four eeprom 2p4t and indictor lights. will probably fab that eventually. ive got 50 of the duals to off first lol.

My theory would be to use an attiny to control pins 16, 17, and 18. Then you could pulse them 0-1 quickly to trigger the fv-1 to fetch eeprom. Hopefully there’s a more elegant way.

functionally, if just stomping to change eeprom could change the program, but not which patch # (1-8), and not the pots, that’s pretty limited function. So to me a fully integrated microcontroller system (pots, patch #, which eeprom) would be needed to get really useful stomp switch program changing (presets essentially).

Now we may be into territory the daisy seed would handle more elegantly, though it seems enthusiasm has slowed on that front?

I think we can do it with the footswitch and no additional components. (edit: okay, maybe one resistor)

Like you said, it doesn't add a huge amount of functionality, but it'd seem more intuitive to me if flipping (or stomping) the switch actually had an immediate effect.

I haven't lost interest in the Daisy (or the FV-1 for that matter), I just haven't had time to tackle anything I want to actually do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe it can be done with a standard latching footswitch (or toggle switch), no microcontroller needed.

I'll have to dig out one of my FV-1 builds to test my theory.

I believe it can be done with a standard latching footswitch (or toggle switch), no microcontroller needed.

I'll have to dig out one of my FV-1 builds to test my theory.
Looking forward to hearing your potential solution, all the parts has come in for my build.

Back