Auditorium testing platform....Am I doing this right?

Likez2Jam

So at this point I'm not sure if I am connecting wires correctly as things aren't labeled on the pcb as the auditorium (pics below). especially with the switch wiring as the pcb is numbered, no sw/gr/in/out on this Kliche drive.

What I know:
1. when the auditorium is not plugged into power the signal passes through (yay I/O Jacks!)
2. when I plug it in there is a short ( I used a daisy chain for this and a tiny JOYO practice amp that I use for testing only) and when I plug in the platform to the power chain the amp turns off.

What I don't know:
1. What goes to ground?
2.Do all the switch lines go to sw?
3.can some be left unplugged for testing?
4. did I wire the dc jack to the board incorrectly? ( I used google pics to look at the enclosed pins and how that would be analogous to regular jack) maybe the dc jack won't work?

The footswitch wiring for the Kliche is unique, it's not a direct fit for the Auditorium.

The Auditorium was designed to be directly compatible with the standard PCB layout here.

1633922965599.png

Why is it opposite? Because the pots are mounted on the opposite side of the effect PCB, during testing you'll likely have the PCB flipped over the other way so the pots are facing you.

Ok, So my input wiring comes from the switch side not the in/out on the board(Me to me: duh idiot the input and output are hooked to the jacks on the auditorium). But there are 4 terminals and 6 wires on the Kliche on the switch side. Do I need to double some up?

The Kliche is a buffered bypass effect, so to fully test it properly the input and output needs to be connected to the pads at the top of the board.

S1 - Bypass Output
S2 - (see below)
S3 - Effect Output
S4 - Mute
S5 - Ground
S6 - LED cathode

The Kliche switching works a little different from a lot of effects...

S2 is connected to the output jack.

When the effect is in bypass S2 is connected to S1 by the footswitch, S4 is grounded to mute the overdrive path and prevent any signal bleed.

When the effect is active S2 is connected to S3 by the footswitch, S6 is grounded to light the LED.

The easiest way for a basic test (using only the Auditorium) would be to connect the input to the Input pad at the top of the board, then connect the output (of the Auditorium) to either S1 (for bypass) or S3 (for overdrive).

You could connect S6 to SW to test the LED as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Kliche is a buffered bypass effect, so to fully test it properly the input and output needs to be connected to the pads at the top of the board.

S1 - Bypass Output
S2 - (see below)
S3 - Effect Output
S4 - Mute
S5 - Ground
S6 - LED cathode

The Kliche switching works a little different from a lot of effects...

S2 is connected to the output jack.

When the effect is in bypass S2 is connected to S1 by the footswitch, S4 is grounded to mute the overdrive path and prevent any signal bleed.

When the effect is active S2 is connected to S3 by the footswitch, S6 is grounded to light the LED.

The easiest way for a basic test (using only the Auditorium) would be to connect the input to the Input pad at the top of the board, then connect the output (of the Auditorium) to either S1 (for bypass) or S3 (for overdrive).

You could connect S6 to SW to test the LED as well.
Is this the same for the General Tso? I was hoping to test that one out on the Auditorium as well.

Back