Awful Waffle

I think also have 1 Ohm resistors I find kind of sillier than 0 ohms.
I’ve seen 0.1 Ω resistors before in person.

There are supposedly 0.01 Ω resistors (black, black, brown, silver, brown) out there too based on some internet listings, but they’re from Chinese drop shippers so I wouldn’t doubt that they aren’t actually real and that they just send you 0 Ω h resistors or something else completely unrelated if you try ordering them.

I’ve seen 0.1 Ω resistors before in person.

There are supposedly 0.01 Ω resistors (black, black, brown, silver, brown) out there too based on some internet listings, but they’re from Chinese drop shippers so I wouldn’t doubt that they aren’t actually real and that they just send you 0 Ω h resistors or something else completely unrelated if you try ordering them.
When the BOM calls for .01, I just sort through my zeroes until I find one that’s close.

I think also have 1 Ohm resistors I find kind of sillier than 0 ohms.
They are useful in tube amps. Thanks to ohms law you can determine the cathode current by measuring the millivolts across a one ohm resistor between the cathode and ground.

Edited: You need to know this current to properly bias the tube. Too hot and it's melted glass, too cold and it can wear out early and sound like crud.
1699049126240.png

Last edited:
Reactions: spi
Back