Benson preamp (Son of Ben) where to source 2M Linear Potentiometer?

Raspymcnasty

Ive looked high and low and even accidently purchased a big b2m potentiometer but it wont fit.

I also noticed completed builds had B1M Duals but my pcb has the single B2M.

Any help would be appreciated or if you have an extra one :)

I believe I’ve got a few B2M solder lug (you’ll have to wire or solder some component legs to it). If you’re interested send me a message with where you’d like me to ship. :)

I can’t access the docs, just to clarify you need a single B2M, not a dual B1M (I’ve got both)?

Ryan

There is another way. Rescale some of the components so that B1M is the right value for the BASS pot.

C2 = 47nF
R6 = 220K
C3 = 470pF
C4 = 1nF
R7 = 220K
DRIVE = A500K
Hi Chuck,

I just boxed this up and im in the process of biasing.

I got q2 and q3 drain voltage set to 4.001 v
But i used the components above so would me biasing trimmer 1 be different from 1.67?

No, those parts do not affect the bias settings.

NB - the recommended bias settings are a starting point. Feel free to tweak from there to get the desired sound. The trimmers affect gain, headroom and harmonic content. TRIM3 will have the largest effect because the signal is largest at the last stage.

No, those parts do not affect the bias settings.

NB - the recommended bias settings are a starting point. Feel free to tweak from there to get the desired sound. The trimmers affect gain, headroom and harmonic content. TRIM3 will have the largest effect because the signal is largest at the last stage.
Got it, thank you.

Back