Best enclosure size for double builds

passtheducky

Hiya, dumb question but I couldn't find the answer explicitly spelled out.

What do you find is the best enclosure size for a pair of the typical 125B sized designs? Is it a 1590XX that people usually use?

My only stipulation for 2 pedals in one enclosure is why? Is there a specific interaction you want between them, is it just one power tap? This is a 1590xx 637A80FF-6156-4A8F-90E8-6E23901FC1D2.jpeg
And at the end of the day I’m considering putting these in 125Bs just because even with all the bells and whistles I will have more flexibility and save a little space if they are in separate enclosures, not saying don’t do it. But its something to think about.

My only stipulation for 2 pedals in one enclosure is why? Is there a specific interaction you want between them, is it just one power tap? This is a 1590xx View attachment 65195
And at the end of the day I’m considering putting these in 125Bs just because even with all the bells and whistles I will have more flexibility and save a little space if they are in separate enclosures, not saying don’t do it. But its something to think about.
For some reason, have half of requests I get from guitarists lately are for dual builds. They just think it’s cool and I’m happy to oblige. And I always throw an fx loop in there for more flexibility.

Plus you get to make bigger artwork :)

IMG_8309.jpeg

IMG_7293.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Don't forget, just because the PCBs fit doesn't mean the knobs will fall into a comfortable position.

The outer-most knobs on the two PCBs might be crowded in a 1590BB.

Don't forget, just because the PCBs fit doesn't mean the knobs will fall into a comfortable position.

The outer-most knobs on the two PCBs might be crowded in a 1590BB.

Gotta strategically pair up coordinating knob arrangements!

IMG_6638.jpeg

Yea, I really like the wider canvas for the artwork. There is a lot of stuff that just doesn’t work on the smaller format.

Back