Bigsby Experience?

I'll check into these. Looks like they are backordered direct from Duesenberg but i'm sure aftermarket/used units are available.
Yup! Which is why I ordered mine from Reverb. Technically, it doesn't come with a bridge. The guy I bought it from was gracious enough to include a different bridge than what was listed. Ended up being a super awesome upgrade to the stock bridge. :D

I’m contemplating the B7 with a Vibramate adapter for a no-drill option, but $200 is a lot of scratch to try one out.
I have installed Bidsby's with the Vibramate adapter on Les Pauls (gold-top with P90's and three DC's). It works like a charm. However my most recent installs have been with a Goldo/Rockinger/Duesenberg Les Trem
No adapter needed, softer action, half the price.

I have three guitars with Bigsbys and while they can be problematic - like any vibrato bridge - I love 'em. All of mine are the simple B3 or B6 style - no tension roller. I have had guitars with the tension roller Bigsbys but the roller definitely changes the feel and utility making them less sensitive. There are cures for the extreme break angle: https://bricksbiggsfix.com/products/bts-v3-g

A Tru-arc bar bridge can help you stay in tune, and a Tru-arc Serpentune can help you be perfectly intonated too. I have Serpentunes on all of my Gretsches, but a well set-up TOM works fine too - just ask Brian Setzer.

The main sticking point (literally) is usually the nut. But Bigsbys can work as well as any vibrato system, as long as you're not expecting Floyd style abilities. And unlike a Floyd, a Bigsby can often be a tone enhancer.

I use mine for a little shimmer here and there. It sounds great with some delay or reverb especially. Or often I'll used it for that semitone drop thing like in the Peter Gunn theme. While I really love the Strat vintage "tremolo" bridge I don't like Strats, and a Bigsby works very well for what I use it for. I think a Les Paul with P90s and a Bigsby would be fantastic.

I have installed Bidsby's with the Vibramate adapter on Les Pauls (gold-top with P90's and three DC's). It works like a charm. However my most recent installs have been with a Goldo/Rockinger/Duesenberg Les Trem
No adapter needed, softer action, half the price.
And they feel really nice. I'm totally digging mine. Easiest upgrade yet on my Gretsch. Rock solid too.

There are an increasing number of newer Gretsches which have a lowerset neck, meaning that a B3 or B6 Bigsby won't work. You'd need a roller-bar Bigsby. I think I'd want to try that Deusenberg vibrato rather than a roller-bar Bigsby. You might have given me an idea...

Back