Footswitch ideas

radam84

Im wondering if anyone has any experience using these: https://theelectronicgoldmine.com/products/g26867

in place of 3pdt footswitchs, if so how would you wire it up? Also would it be feasible to open a regular 3pdt footswitch and replace the interanls with one of those(linked) to make a softer click switch? I know boss uses a similar type switch and Im wanting to figure out a way to do something similar.

Im wondering if anyone has any experience using these: https://theelectronicgoldmine.com/products/g26867

in place of 3pdt footswitchs, if so how would you wire it up? Also would it be feasible to open a regular 3pdt footswitch and replace the interanls with one of those(linked) to make a softer click switch? I know boss uses a similar type switch and Im wanting to figure out a way to do something similar.
so it looks like what you've posted here is a DPDT push on/push off switch.

here's some ideas:

1708400962187.png

1708400949059.png

normally with DPDT you can't switch an indicator LED, unless you do this apparently... (literally just learned about this now)

1708401035300.png

1708401154855.png

I know this is old but I figured because its here anyways Id just ask her again and hope someone sees it I guess. So I now understand wat was explained in the above but if the switch was ON/ON what would need to change, if anything?

If you’re just looking for a lighter click, there are regular 3pdt stomp switches that use different force levels. Tayda sells extra heavy, and these black ones that are light force. I bought some because I wanted to do some all black themed thing, but I didn’t use them because I didn’t like how light the click was.

If you want to go full soft-touch, check out some of the folks here building/ using sub-boards for relay-switching.

The switch you asked about IS an On-On switch. It presents itself differently because it’s a latching type and is meant as an activation switch, but it’s essentially the same thing.

If you’re just looking for a lighter click, there are regular 3pdt stomp switches that use different force levels. Tayda sells extra heavy, and these black ones that are light force. I bought some because I wanted to do some all black themed thing, but I didn’t use them because I didn’t like how light the click was.

If you want to go full soft-touch, check out some of the folks here building/ using sub-boards for relay-switching.
yea Ive looked into relay switching and Im thinking I might even try my hand at programming some microcontrollers a nd what not, definetly not there yet but maybe one day. A soft click is what I was originally after, but after seeing an ad for a DPDT latching on/on switch I had to come here to find out what the difference is from a DPDT on/off switch, just for the sake of knowing really.

The switch you asked about IS an On-On switch. It presents itself differently because it’s a latching type and is meant as an activation switch, but it’s essentially the same thing.
OK perfect thats what I wanted to hear and was hoping for, much less confusing to now just know they're both essentially the same thing, thanks eh. Cheers.

Or what I should be looking for in a relay?
The nice part about this circuit is that it's pretty flexible concerning relays. All the information is in the thread I linked before.

As long as your relay is a non-latching, DPDT (2 Form C) that operates at 9V or less, this circuit should work.

A similar, ready-made PCB is available from PedalPCB. See the Basic Relay Bypass.

The nice part about this circuit is that it's pretty flexible concerning relays. All the information is in the thread I linked before.

As long as your relay is a non-latching, DPDT (2 Form C) that operates at 9V or less, this circuit should work.

A similar, ready-made PCB is available from PedalPCB. See the Basic Relay Bypass.
right on, thanks again eh

Back