Binaura Full Stereo FV-1 Based Build

Cybercow

Another excellent PCB from PedalPCB (Robert). This is the Binaura Stereo FV-1. If you like to work with stereo effects, this is one to build and get onto your floor space (pedalboard).

Instead of using mono jacks across all the I/O ports, I place a switching jack at the 2nd input to short the two inputs when only one input is used.

The EEPROM is not installed in the photos cuz the EEPROM is in my FV-1 Development Board being prepped for the eight FV-1 patches I'm creating with SpinCAD Designer. I threw some quick stereo FV-1 patches together for initial testing just hear how stereo sounds. (It's awesome!) And once I've finished creating and tweaking all 8 of the patches, I'll post them in a post in the "Spin FV-1 Development" forum group. I'll be updating (adding) the patches there soon. All the stereo FV-1 patches will be shared as SpinCAD Designer and SpinASM files.

I created a Tayda Drills template for the 1590BB enclosure size here: Tayda Drill Template for the Binaura.
(MIND YOU, I BENT THE OUTER POTS OUT A BIT SO THE POTS SIT A BIT WIDER APART.)

Binaura_Done_Front_00.jpg Binaura_Gutshot_Done.jpg

Thanks for looking. Happy building!

Last edited:
Haven't been here for awhile since I don't have any time to build stuff..but the Binaura caught my eyes. Will there be specific EEPROMs from PedalPCB for the stereo version? Or can I still use my Module8-EEPROM?

Haven't been here for awhile since I don't have any time to build stuff..but the Binaura caught my eyes. Will there be specific EEPROMs from PedalPCB for the stereo version? Or can I still use my Module8-EEPROM?
You can use the mod-8 and it will work but it won’t be stereo. The algos have to be coded to be stereo specific. There isn’t a PPCB stereo eeprom but there are a enough stereo algorithms floating around on git hub, and I believe @Cybercow is working on some as well

You can use the mod-8 and it will work but it won’t be stereo. The algos have to be coded to be stereo specific. There isn’t a PPCB stereo eeprom but there are a enough stereo algorithms floating around on git hub, and I believe @Cybercow is working on some as well
I just posted my first set of stereo FV-1 patches for the Binaura PedalPCB build here: BINAURA STEREO FV-1 PATCHES

Another excellent PCB from PedalPCB (Robert). This is the Binaura Stereo FV-1. If you like to work with stereo effects, this is one to build and get onto your floor space (pedalboard).

Instead of using mono jacks across all the I/O ports, I place a switching jack at the 2nd input to short the two inputs when only one input is used.

The EEPROM is not installed in the photos cuz the EEPROM is in my FV-1 Development Board being prepped for the eight FV-1 patches I'm creating with SpinCAD Designer. I threw some quick stereo FV-1 patches together for initial testing just hear how stereo sounds. (It's awesome!) And once I've finished creating and tweaking all 8 of the patches, I'll post them in a post in the "Spin FV-1 Development" forum group. I'll be updating (adding) the patches there soon. All the stereo FV-1 patches will be shared as SpinCAD Designer and SpinASM files.

I created a Tayda Drills template for the 1590BB enclosure size here: Tayda Drill Template for the Binaura.
(MIND YOU, I BENT THE OUTER POTS OUT A BIT SO THE POTS SIT A BIT WIDER APART.)

View attachment 55023 View attachment 55024

Thanks for looking. Happy building!
Hi @Cybercow, I have two questions:
  1. Is the "DT-38" part called out in the project BOM the same as this part?: AB38T-32.768KHZ Crystal
  2. Can you share a diagram showing how you wired the breakout board to the main pcb?

Last edited:
Back