BINAURA STEREO FV-1 PATCHES

Cybercow

BINAURA STEREO BANK 01 SpinCAD Designer Single Files (zipped)

BINAURA STEREO BANK 01 SpinASM Single Files (zipped)

BINAURA STEREO BANK 01 SpinCAD Designer Bank Dump

BINAURA STEREO BANK 01 SpinCAD Designer Hex Dump

The links above are my first release of stereo FV-1 patches. Some were created from scratching a couple were modified from existing patches found on the web.

There are four files. All are zipped. The 1st one contains the single [8] SpinCAD Designer files, the 2nd has the single [8] SpinASM files), next is the SpinCAD Designer bank dump, and the last one is a hex dump of the entire SpinCAD Designer bank. Below are the names & descriptions of each patch as they are in the bank (set of 8 patches).

NOTE: These SpinCAD Designer files were created with SpinCAD Designer v:1035 and might not work with earlier versions of SpinCAD Designer.

SpinCAD Designer is an open source Java project which allows creation and audio simulation of patches for the Spin FV-1 audio DSP chip. It should be used with the Java Runtime Environment or Java Development Kit 1.8 or later. It has been tested on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

SpinCAD Designer v:1035

SpinCad Designer v:1032

SpinCAD Designer Intro & Tutorials

FILE NAMES & DESCRIPTIONS:
0) PD_07_Long_Delay_Chorus_02.spcd/spn
1) Dual_Stereo_Delay_St-In_MD.spcd/spn
2) HarmTrem_Stereo_5_St-In_MD.spcd/spn
3) Hyper_Flanger_St-In_MD.spcd/spn
4) Echo_Chorus_St-In_MD.spcd/spn
5) My_Shimmer_03.spcd/spn
6) Big_Verb_St-In_MD.spcd/spn
7) 4-Phase-Filter_Wah_St-In_MD_02.spcd/spn

0):
PD_07_Long_Delay_Chorus_02.spcd
Stereo Long Delay with Chorus
Pot 0: Delay time, turns chorus LFO rate down as it goes past 50%, flanger LFO rate up from 0 - 50%
Pot 1: Feedback level
Pot 2: Chorus level

1):
Dual_Stereo_Delay_St-In_MD.spcd
Stereo Delay with Left & Right Feedback control
Pot 0: Delay Time
Pot 1: Left Feedback
Pot 2: Right Feedback

2):
HarmTrem_Stereo_5_St-In_MD.spcd
Stereo Harmonic Tremolo
Pot 0: Speed
Pot 1: Width
Pot 2: N/A

3):
Hyper_Flanger_St-In_MD.spcd
Flanger
Pot 0: LFO Rate / Delay Time
Pot 1: Width
Pot 2: Feedback

4):
Echo_Chorus_St-In_MD.spcd
Short stereo delay with chorus
Pot 0: Short Delay Time
Pot 1: Feedback
Pot 2: Chorus Width Left / Chorus Depth Right

5):
My_Shimmer_03.spcd
Shimmer Reverb
Pot 0: DelayTime (very short delay ~50ms)
Pot 1: Reverb Time
Pot 2: Shimmer

6):
Big_Verb_St-In_MD.spcd
Large Room Reverb
Pot 0: Reverb Time
Pot 1: Predelay Time
Pot 2: Filter

7):
4-Phase-Filter_Wah_St-In_MD_02.spcd
Stereo AutoWah
Pot 0: Auto Wah Filter
Pot 1: LFO Speed
Pot 2: LFO Depth

Any and all feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing these!

Especially looking forward to trying out the Hyper Flanger.
I also have a Barber-Pole Flanger I've been working on. Problem is that it is in mono and it's right at the 128 code-line limit for the FV-1. Every time I try to modify it for stereo operation, it edges over that 128 code-line limit. I struggle with ASM and not satisfied with the redactions I have to make in the middle to add the stereo in/out lines at the beginning and end. It sounds pretty awesome in mono, but I want to port it to stereo for the Binaura.

I also have a Barber-Pole Flanger I've been working on. Problem is that it is in mono and it's right at the 128 code-line limit for the FV-1. Every time I try to modify it for stereo operation, it edges over that 128 code-line limit. I struggle with ASM and not satisfied with the redactions I have to make in the middle to add the stereo in/out lines at the beginning and end. It sounds pretty awesome in mono, but I want to port it to stereo for the Binaura.
I'd be happy to have a mono Shepard Barber-Pole flange, too!

I am waiting on some parts for my first Binaura build so I have be working on some stereo patches for it in SpinCAD. I am new to SpinCad so I am not familiar with the nuances. I loaded up the set above and they all seem to have some really hot output. A lot of digital distortion. Is that normal?

I am waiting on some parts for my first Binaura build so I have be working on some stereo patches for it in SpinCAD. I am new to SpinCad so I am not familiar with the nuances. I loaded up the set above and they all seem to have some really hot output. A lot of digital distortion. Is that normal?
There should not be any digital distortion in the patches in the OP of this thread. If you're getting distortion, something is off about the setup.
What are you running specifically?

MacBook Pro M1Pro chip. Spincad 1035. I am wondering if it may be the audio source files I am using.

D.I. Guitar tracks recorded direct in Logic and exported as 16bit 41k wave files. Perhaps they are too hot. I will try dumping them to waves at -6db.

Also. I have lost numerous patches that say they have saved and are just blank when I attempt to open them. Spent a couple of days on one of them. Very frustrating.

MacBook Pro M1Pro chip. Spincad 1035. I am wondering if it may be the audio source files I am using.

D.I. Guitar tracks recorded direct in Logic and exported as 16bit 41k wave files. Perhaps they are too hot. I will try dumping them to waves at -6db.

Also. I have lost numerous patches that say they have saved and are just blank when I attempt to open them. Spent a couple of days on one of them. Very frustrating.
Are you running line out of the MacBook into the pedal?

Mind you, the SpinCAD Designer audio out only method of auditing SpinCAD Designer patches is not the best method of auditing SpinCAD Designer files. I only use the SpinCAD Designer audio testing for quick checks. I always final-audit finished SpinCAD Designer files exported as SpinASM files loaded into an EEPROM and played thru an actual FV-1 circuit. It's entirely possible that the interaction between the SpinCAD Designer audio out transfers are injecting or otherwise somehow introducing any distortion. I've never conducted such auditing in the manner you describe.

Mind you, the SpinCAD Designer audio out only method of auditing SpinCAD Designer patches is not the best method of auditing SpinCAD Designer files. I only use the SpinCAD Designer audio testing for quick checks. I always final-audit finished SpinCAD Designer files exported as SpinASM files loaded into an EEPROM and played thru an actual FV-1 circuit. It's entirely possible that the interaction between the SpinCAD Designer audio out transfers are injecting or otherwise somehow introducing any distortion. I've never conducted such auditing in the manner you describe.

Yeah, that's a SpinCAD Designer issue.
Is the file save a known issue as well?

Good to know. What about the level, scope monitoring, any opinion on their accuracy?

Until I finish the binaura build I don't have a way of testing the stereo patches, since I assume stereo patches will not work with my mono fv-1 builds. And outputting the stereo files to a mono signal will not provide an accurate representation.

Back