Blackhat Boojum Effects. Saguaro wah

Paradox916

Where to start with this story, I guess from the beginning would be the logical place.
This was a Dunlop GCB95, perhaps the most shrill toe down uninspiring tone sucking wah ever invented…
IMG_0265.jpeg
Yet we have all owned one… I felt it to be so blah after 20+ years (🤣) of very little use It was my gateway to DIY… (I honestly didn’t care if it survived the surgery) so I decided to mod the shit out of it not knowing a thing , whipple inductor, ICAR pot, removed the buffer, true bypass, and a couple other mods I don’t even remember what they were.

IMG_0118.jpeg
That made it more fun for a moment. But then I went right into full builds and it was shoved into a box and forgotten. Recently @blackhatboojum sent me one of his Saguaro PCB and it was time to gut this fish and start from scratch….
IMG_0261.jpeg
I did recycle a few parts like the pot, inductor, switch, and 2 caps other than that I had everything on hand, the PCB was super easy to populate, the real challenge here was trying to make the off board wiring look as good as possible.. which was challenging with a small pcb and a large space
IMG_0227.jpeg
Even with 22G solid core it’s hard to get nice long straight runs, I really went a little over board and tested the limits of my wire routing skill and patience… Did the best I could and I’m happy with how it turned out IMG_0226.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg
A no frills wah that is nice and vocal with a wide sweep and not shrill with the toe down. Thank you Clinton 🙏 ! Well done on the layout. It sounds great!

That wiring 🥵. You’re welcome and I’m glad you’re digging it. You give me way too much credit though. I’m just a monkey playing with some computer software. And… If this were a college exam, I would’ve failed due to plagiarism.

Back