SOLVED Blue Sheep No Effect

joelorigo

I'm testing my in-progress Blue Sheep in my Auditorium Test Platform, I am getting a bypass signal, but when switching to Active, there is a "pop" but then no signal. I have continuity between the Test Platform and the PCB on all the connections, I don't see any solder bridges and the Platform was working earlier when I tested another circuit. Can someone take a look?

Attachments

• IMG_7215.jpg
    IMG_7215.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7214.jpg
    IMG_7214.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 83
I searched "blue sheep" on this forum and found a thread where @Laundryroom David was reporting bad TL072 chips that he had received. Coincidently, it was in a Blue Sheep where he realized this. He tried a couple NE5532s and his worked. And it does for me. Yay!

But...

I am 99.9999999999% certain that the 2 TL072 chips I have been using, and a few others I rotated in the beginning of this thread, I tried individually in a Mahayana that I was simultaneously building with my first attempt, and had no problem. Huh? Gah!
Nice!

I searched "blue sheep" on this forum and found a thread where @Laundryroom David was reporting bad TL072 chips that he had received. Coincidently, it was in a Blue Sheep where he realized this. He tried a couple NE5532s and his worked. And it does for me. Yay!

But...

I am 99.9999999999% certain that the 2 TL072 chips I have been using, and a few others I rotated in the beginning of this thread, I tried individually in a Mahayana that I was simultaneously building with my first attempt, and had no problem. Huh? Gah!
Glad you got it figured out!

I took both of those TL072s and tired them in my Mahayana. Both work in that.

As far as the Blue Sheep, I have unplugged and plugged it in several times in 2 locations and it still works.

So what's up? Was it the ICs the whole time? If I would have tried NE5532s in the first assembly would it have worked? Why do they work in in the Mahayana but the Blue Sheep buzzes?

I've used it a few times and it's still working so I guess I'm going to change this to "SOLVED," although I don't get what's up the IC thing. But glad to get it working!!!

Thank you all, again, for having patience with me in a LONG troubleshooting thread!

Back