Boss RBF-10 Depth Mod help?

Jrockpsycho

Hello, I recently got a boss RBF-10 flanger from the micro rack series. It sounds great but the effect is too subtle, need more wet, could anyone help me get some more depth out of this effect? I know there are a bunch of mods for the bf-2, and this is supposedly a similar effect. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
Boss-RBF-10-Schem_3.jpg

Attachments

• boss_rbf-10_flanger.pdf_2.png
    boss_rbf-10_flanger.pdf_2.png
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
C27 seems small- in the BF-2 (and CE-2 and VB-2) that cap is 47p. It effects the swing of the modulation, with larger values giving more intensity.
Also, be sure to have the Balance control in the center for the most intense flanging

Could you define "depth" a bit more?
The YT vids I've seen seem plenty flangey.
Are you wanting a lower frequency/"deeper" sweep where it dige in an octave ish lower?
Or something else?

C27 seems small- in the BF-2 (and CE-2 and VB-2) that cap is 47p. It effects the swing of the modulation, with larger values giving more intensity.
Also, be sure to have the Balance control in the center for the most intense flanging
That's what I was thinking as well, and I will try that today, thanks!

Someone over on Reddit suggested trying r113 replaced with a trimpot... Any ideas about that?

So I did the C27 mod with 47pf and that did not provide the desired effect, it turned it into a chaotic vibrato/chorus sound. I tried 20pf and that was just ok, ended up going back to 10pf. While doing this test I used the rbf-10 di on my interface and noticed the effect was much stronger in general than it normally is on my Roland JC-22 Amp... Hmmmmm

This effect wants hot input. I generally play clean guitar, so I suppose I wasn't driving it hard enough... When I used it in the effects loop in my interface and fed it some samples of louder sources like drums and synths, it has a really nice warm analog sound, but can be pushed into metallic territory if wanted (I don't). Fun exercise, ended up recapping the electrolytics and it's just a really nice albeit subtle effect.

Last edited:
Back