Breakfast Audio Mono Lo-Fi Stutter

u439857293874

Saw these really cool Breakfast Audio pcb's and had to pick some up. I love fun custom pcb's and they have some of the nicest I've seen. First up was the one that looked lowest parts, the Mono Lo-Fi Stutter. This effect is like an extreme tremolo and the volume cuts in and out so fast it makes a noisy popping sound, not in a super undesirable way I think its just part of the effect. They were trying to recreate the tremolo effect from this song. I didn't know what to expect but I've been having a lot of fun playing with it and an expression pedal.

The build itself was straightforward just followed the docs on the website.

Attachments

• signal-2023-04-24-232524_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-04-24-232524_002.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 47
  • signal-2023-04-24-232607_002.jpeg
    signal-2023-04-24-232607_002.jpeg
    286.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I wonder how @Robert feels about the component layout on that board?? 😂

You'd think I'd cringe but I like it. :ROFLMAO:

I did a layout a few years ago with random scattered components like that. Can't recall which one, I think it was a custom job for someone....

It was actually harder to decide on random placement than when everything is lined up uniform... It had to look both sloppy/chaotic and well thought out, all at the same time.

Great build, and a GAS-giver!

Thanks for the heads up, u439857293874, on Breakfast Audio. Hadn't heard of BA before.
Some BA offerings I've found elsewhere, but there's a number of uniquely-tweaked takes on circuits that I quite like.

Alas, only the Harmonic Percolator circuit, "Psychic Anchor Fuzzstortion", has a schematic.
I've already got a few different HP circuits, but it's tempting to get all the others and figure out the tweaks.

My favourites include the one you built; in order of desirability:

Mono LoFi Stutter

Cronenberg Noise Machine

Woland Expression Filter

Damage Oscillator Fuzz

Great build, and a GAS-giver!

Thanks for the heads up, u439857293874, on Breakfast Audio. Hadn't heard of BA before.
Some BA offerings I've found elsewhere, but there's a number of uniquely-tweaked takes on circuits that I quite like.

Alas, only the Harmonic Percolator circuit, "Psychic Anchor Fuzzstortion", has a schematic.
I've already got a few different HP circuits, but it's tempting to get all the others and figure out the tweaks.

My favourites include the one you built; in order of desirability:

Mono LoFi Stutter

Cronenberg Noise Machine

Woland Expression Filter

Damage Oscillator Fuzz
That's awesome, I just boxed up the Weird Scenes fuzz and it sounds so good. Just waiting on a knob to come in and I'll post a build report. I also have a Salad Days about to box up and a Big Nothing and a Moloko populated and ready to box up. Definitely want to try the ones you listed next after I finish some pedalpcb builds in the queue.

Excellent my droog!

I've got a bunch of OKF boards from Delyk and elsewhere, so I'll just use the Weird Scenes values on one of the boards I have.
I'm a big fan of the Gretsch PlayBoy/JEN, and a fan of A Clockwork Orange, so the BA Moloko is kind of a must — in a combo build, "Moloko+" knives with vellocet... maybe a triple-build: vellocet & synthemesc & drencrom with controls like "Raz-Rez", "Clop", "Tolchok", "Dry-Oobivat", "Yarbles", Bypass="In-out-in-out" and another stomper="Ultra-Violence".

Back