Build Dump (Lots of Flanging and Modulation)

dan.schumaker

Here is a dump of a few builds I've finished up in the last week. Some of these have been done for a while, I just got off my butt and did some art/powdercoating/etching/drilling to finish everything up.

Lets start with a Quad-fecta of Flangers (I have another one in the works, but need to do a little more work on it)
Pandemonium - This one is based on the BF-2 flanger. I've never played one of these before, but I really like how deep it sounds. It uses a V3207 chip in it.

Pandemonium.jpg
Exterminator - Based off of the Clone Theory. This has an external volume control to match the levels (or boost if you want). This one is upconverted to +15V and runs off of a MN3007.
Exterminator.jpg
Maniac - This is the MXR Flanger, always one of my favorites. This is using a stacked board design to get everything to fit. This also runs at +15V internally and uses a MN3007.
Maniac.jpg
Cosmic Rift Deluxe - This is another Cosmic Rift Deluxe that I built for myself. I clipped the dry mix resistor so the mix is a true wet/dry. It really helps open this up, I feel like it makes it more versatile to really dial in the amount of Flanging you want to have.
Cosmic Rift Deluxe.jpg
Yellow Jacket - This is a dual selectable Tremolo. It is based on the EA Trem.
Yellow Jacket.jpg
Manhattan - This was originally a custom build that a customer requested, and I liked it so much I built one for myself. It is a dual Chorus/Tremolo pedal. The Chorus feeds into the trem. I think this would be a perfect Jazz grab and go box. The Chorus is super lush and the trem adds something special running it after the chorus.
Manhattan.jpg
Gravity Gale - This is based off of the EXH PolyPhase. The envelope section is switchable on this. I wasn't able to get ahold of the CLM600/2's to use on this, so I cobbled together my own with some LDR's. There is a dry out as well (like most vintage EHX units).
Gravity Gale.jpg

And onto the dirt:
Old Scratch - Triple pedal, all in a 1590BB. Fuzz, Distortion and Octave... I'm sure you can figure out what this is based on :)
Old Scratch.jpg
Moose Knuckle - Again, this is pretty self explanatory. Tube Screamer and Red Llama all in one. This one has an order switch to change the stacking order, as well as a clip switch for the TS side.
IMG_20211202_092824.jpg

Wow Dan, awesome work! There's a lot to digest here o_O

What circuit is the Cosmic Rift? I can't zoom in close enough to see the chips. Is it 2399 based?

Back