Bypass works but mahayana does not turn on...

Unfortunately I ran out of hook up wire so I had to use scraps of pieces I had. Apologies for the mess. I seem to have everything hooked up according to the generic wire diagram on the mahayana pdf. Another thing I was wondering is if It is ok to use a 3 prong dc jack if I do not plan to use a battery snap?

I'm curious if I hooked up the switch wrong.

Show a good picture of the other side of PCB, There is some excess solder around IN GND SW OUT connections.
Sometimes this forms a Blob on the underside & touches pad next to it.

Can you take a closer up picture of your DC Jack? Want to make sure that’s wired appropriately. It’s fine to even without a battery as long as it’s wired appropriately. Since you aren’t getting power let’s start there. Also make sure you’re using a center negative power supply.

Can you take a closer up picture of your DC Jack? Want to make sure that’s wired appropriately. It’s fine to even without a battery as long as it’s wired appropriately. Since you aren’t getting power let’s start there. Also make sure you’re using a center negative power supply.
I blew the picture up, It appears he has tried battery terminal, now it's on the Power Supply terminal.
As you said, Does he have 9v center negative power supply.

I alo want a good picture of the soldered side of the PCB board or we are wasting time trying to guess.

I took three pics the best I could considering the pots are formed right on top. I may remove them today and test for continuity. I'm still learning how to read schematics so maybe a scratch build wasn't the best idea. I triple checked my resistors and caps and they are all the right value. As well as the diodes and transistors. My concern is the chip. Im not sure how to test the chip but when I poke with a tester sometimes I get a bright light and sometimes I get a dim light.

Here are a couple d the jack. The scratches are because I had to resize the hole and I suck with a drill.

Last edited:
Oh. I have dozens of pedals. Maybe I can yank one and see. Thanks for the tips. Basically just make sure it's pdip8? I mean no other format should fit, right? I'll probabaly google each chip to make sure it is an op amp

Last night I noticed that I get a very miniscule amount of volume. Like you have to really listen hard to hear it. All of the knobs work and change sound. When fiddling around I accidentally let the positive of the output jack touch the lugs of the voice knob and it kicked in full volume however I had super muffled bypass

Any idea what that means?

Back