Cepheid Chorus ticking on breadboard

Markus

I put a cepheid chorus layout on a breadboard to play with some values and mods, however I'm having an issue where when its stock, its ticking to the rate even in bypass. When the chorus is engaged, its more of a chorusy noise to the rate, which I expected. But I've run out of ideas as to why its ticking in bypass, and how to remove it. I'm using the TL022 for the LFO and the v3102 and v3207 chips. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

I put a cepheid chorus layout on a breadboard to play with some values and mods, however I'm having an issue where when its stock, its ticking to the rate even in bypass. When the chorus is engaged, its more of a chorusy noise to the rate, which I expected. But I've run out of ideas as to why its ticking in bypass, and how to remove it. I'm using the TL022 for the LFO and the v3102 and v3207 chips. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance!

What’s the breadboard look like?

There are so many reasons something could be noisier than the finished circuit on a breadboard.

I would not go nuts trying to chase gremlins on the breadboard. That’s just not what it’s for. It’s a development tool and noise and wonky stuff is to be expected in an “open air” circuit.

What monk said.
If you really want to clear it up though, move the clock away from the audio circuit and basically isolate it from the audio path as much as possible. Don't leave any wires or standing components for the audio path around it.
Or don't sweat it.

Back