Chela OD (Talons) & Captain Bit (Bit Commander)

Looks great! First Chela build I've seen. I have one in the queue. How do you like it? Has a ton of gain, right? Are the tone controls tuned to your liking? I'm going to put a switch on mine to take the diodes out and lower the gain so it can also be used as a clean boost.

I hear you @Chuck D. Bones ! I already bought better ones from Tayda. Same for my pots. All thrown away those AlieExpress China crap...

The more you know... :)

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh before. I removed that jack from a Chibson. Decent body & neck, crap electronics. My daughter's Squier Affinity Strat came with that same shitty jack in it.

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh before.

Don't feel sorry. I'm the Canadian after all... :p

You just warned me about crappy parts (they are). I have a Hummingbird/Woodpecker 99% built but waiting for a non-crappy 2N6027 bought on eBay so as I gain little experience I understand the value of quality parts. I never felt you were rude. You're helpful.

Good luck with your eBay purchase. Getting semiconductors from eBay sellers has been pretty hit & miss for me. Lately I have been lucky. I have a buttload of 2N1308s coming in today, can't wait to test 'em.

Back