Circulator build

MBFX

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I built a Circulator last week, and can't stop messing with it! It's incredibly loud, but that isn't a huge problem. I'm enjoying running a fuzz into it. SWOOSH BEEYOWWWWWHOOOSH! Instant psychedelic insanity. The vibrato setting is ok, but definitely sounds better with a fuzz before it. It's a little too subtle clean unless it's dimed.

I'll probably build another at some point because I cracked the enclosure marking the drill holes with my center punch (hahaha), and modify it with a master volume trimpot for the phase side.

The build worked first try, and was easy to put together for being so complex. The hardest part was getting everything into the enclosure, because a cracked enclosure isn't easy to drill precisely. Definitely be careful with how hard you're hitting your center punch when you have multiple holes on the same plane. I cracked a powder coated pro enclosure from Stompboxparts, for reference - not something cheap and thin.

Attachments

• IMG_20230914_202716_218.jpg
    IMG_20230914_202716_218.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 23
The glue has to dry first…

I didn't break it THAT badly.... I did pick up a replacement enclosure though (Barbie pink!). I'll probably rehouse it in the next few weeks so it's more beer-proof, since it;s going on a gig board.

Here's a shot of my DIY collection I'm working on, and a closeup of the crack. It runs from a centimeter below the phase/vibrato switch, goes up to the rate switch, and a little above it which you can't see in the photo. I really, REALLY screwed it up, as evidenced by the not-centered knobs

Attachments

• PXL_20230923_051502493.jpg
    PXL_20230923_051502493.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 27
  • PXL_20230923_051517667.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    PXL_20230923_051517667.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 27
That’s a bummer. Voyager lettering came out sweet though!
Thank you! I got into building pedals in July when my cat passed away, as a way to pass the time without getting drunk. I didn't want to spend a bunch of money and time trying to get art together, so I bought paint pens. It turns out the paint pen look can be pretty cool - the War Face reminds me of something out of Jet Grind Radio or Hi-Fi Rush. Next I am going to learn Inkscape, make some vector art, print some vinyl stickers, and make a little run of 10 fuzz pedals to give away to some local musicians I'm friends with.

Back