Cobalt Blues

DAJE

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
I wasn't expecting much from this one, really just ordered the PCB because I was doing some other Boss drives and wanted to add another one. I'd never actually tried a BD-2 so I was expecting something similar to other Boss overdrives, but this one has its own voice.

It kept me playing much longer than I intended, and having good fun trying different things. Sounds good for bluesy noodling, but also makes a really nice classic rock drive. Can get pretty dirty but it's better as a medium drive IMO.

This was the last PCB in my queue, was planning on having a break from building but I'll buy some more soonish.

Gut shots: I took some pics before boxing this time. You can see my AliExpress MMBFJ201s on my AliExpress adaptor boards. They look a bit dodgy but they're working well and sounding good. Really good.

Since I already had most of the resistors I needed in 1/4 watt format I decided to just stand them up rather than buy 1/8 watters. Which was only a little more annoying than the usual way of doing it. I alternated the orientation for no particular reason.

Attachments

• BDI1.jpg
    BDI1.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 43
  • BDI2.jpg
    BDI2.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 42
  • BDI3.jpg
    BDI3.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 42
Looks fantastic! I like the alternating slant of those resistors (I do the same thing).

What did you use for the exterior finish/artwork?

Looks fantastic! I like the alternating slant of those resistors (I do the same thing).

What did you use for the exterior finish/artwork?
^ Answered in this thread. I should just make a standard response and copy/paste it, cause the question has been answered a lot.

NOTE: Not being snarky at you, @MattG - being snarky at myself if anything. ;)

Back