Switchblade-ppcb admiral crunch

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000010902.jpg
Ok, I have had this one done forever and have used it quite a bit. I keep meaning to circle around and do a build report but keep forgetting, so here we go. I asked @Robert if he could make a board for this and he was gracious enough to make that happen. This is the crunch mode or lower gain channel of the Boss SD-2. The lead channel is an excellent JCM type sounding high gain distortion. Boss released this pedal as a sort of channel switching drive box that could go between modes with an external foot switch.

The pedal has a less compressed feel with the led clipping section. The volume cleanup on this is pretty darn good as well. It can give you a sort of more open sounding sd-1 sound at lower gain settings. I really like it with the gain around 1 or 2 o'clock. Crank the drive and you can get that sort of fuzzy small amp imploding sound. Plenty of volume on tap as well.

Simple straightforward build with lower parts count and no exotic parts. I also chose the name prior to the release of the pedal and had the enclosure made before it was released. I chose to call it switchblade because of Boss's intended use as a channel switching drive and went with a blade theme. Robert couldn't use the name because ehx already has a switch blade🙄 😂. Red tayda box and UV print.
PHwvDlq.jpg
hW91yso.jpg
rr4IiE5.jpg

Back