Coda relay bypass help

Guardians of the analog

Long story short, I have a number of pic's programmed for the original coda bypass code that is activate on release of the switch. I want to erase them and put the final code bypass code on them, that is activate on press of the switch.

I have unsuccessfully attempted to get the pic to load in both a pickit2 and pickit3. I have tried everything I can. I'm not the best at the digital coding aspect but does anyone have any experience doing this? Would you you like to program them, for either trade or money? This is why I'm Guardians of the Analog 😂

My pickit2 had the label for the pins slightly askew. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to load the PIC one row over from where I thought it should go based on the labels.

My pickit2 had the label for the pins slightly askew. Took me a while to figure out that I needed to load the PIC one row over from where I thought it should go based on the labels.
I tried that, I tried it in many different spots. I've been trying to get it to work all week. My computer detects the pickit but does not recognize any device in the pickit

It's been awhile since I messed with this stuff. Here's a picture of my Picket3. I have the position of the chip marked with sharpie. Since it's been so long, I forget if those marks are of the right place or where I thought it should be. But the pic should help to compare with what you have been trying. I had the same experience as you, messed with it for a long time and then it finally worked.

Also, this video was helpful because the knockoff pickit3 are buggy:
Check out the 9 minute mark, there is some weird power setting you need to enter manually to power the PIC with 5V.

Hope you get it working.

IMG_3224.jpg

The adapter boards for mine is a newer version that looks slightly different. I'm gonna try breadboarding it and if it still doesn't recognize the pic then I'm returning the pickit and gonna figure out a way of having someone else do these for me🤷

Which PIC chips are you using? I had problems trying to program the pic12f675 at 5v; 4.5 or 4.75 volts usually worked for me. (You can adjust programming voltage in the software.)

I would indeed try using a breadboard connected to the pickit - then you can be sure the pins are correct. This is the website I always reference for pickit3 pinout:

Oh… I also had an issue with the 12f675 where it would program the first time, but error out on subsequent re-programming… check out the comments at the top of this code that explains the error I was getting and the workaround:

(Sorry, I’m on mobile, otherwise I’d nicely post it directly into the forum.)

Which PIC chips are you using? I had problems trying to program the pic12f675 at 5v; 4.5 or 4.75 volts usually worked for me. (You can adjust programming voltage in the software.)

I would indeed try using a breadboard connected to the pickit - then you can be sure the pins are correct. This is the website I always reference for pickit3 pinout:

Oh… I also had an issue with the 12f675 where it would program the first time, but error out on subsequent re-programming… check out the comments at the top of this code that explains the error I was getting and the workaround:

(Sorry, I’m on mobile, otherwise I’d nicely post it directly into the forum.)
Thanks for these links, I'm gonna try it on the breadboard when I get home from work.

Ok, so even on the breadboard the software says no device found. On all 10 ICs. No matter what settings or voltages. Tried it on multiple computers. Nada. 🤷

Back