Component sourcing help - Muffin Factory

Sugg22

Hey all. I’ve never built a pedal before but I’m looking to kinda jump into the deep end here and do the Muffin Factory as my first build. I’m a little intimidated in needing to source all of it; I’m sure there is some supplier that has all of the components but I don’t want to miss anything or pick anything wrong. Can anyone help me put together a digital shopping cart of components I need?

Thanks in advance!

That isn't a beginner's build. Start with something small and simple. you'll know when you are ready for a big one when you are no longer intimidated and are confident in your parts sourcing.
Thanks. I know it isn’t a beginners build but I really want to make something I don’t already have or something that would break my budget to buy from the original manufacturer. If you can recommend a reputable part supplier that would probably be enough of a head start!

I'll echo what Betty said, this is one of the more complicated builds here. Aside from the number of components you also have to set the height of the dipswitches properly without making contact with the enclosure, as well as cutting the rectangular opening.

With that said... if you can build this you can build most of the projects here. Just be prepared, it's going to be ride. :ROFLMAO:

You can get most of the components you need from Tayda Electronics.

What isn't included in this list is:

1 x 1590BB enclosure - You can get this from Tayda as well, just choose the color you want
2 x 106NU70 (55 - 65 hfe) - You'll likely have to hunt around or substitute these, Smallbear would be a good place to look
2 x Germanium diodes - 1N34A, 1N270, D93, etc ... again, you'll have to hunt around, try Smallbear
3 x Knobs - Tayda has a fairly large assortment of knobs, you're looking for knobs with a 6.35mm shaft diameter

Hookup wire (I use 24AWG solid and stranded wire, everyone has their own preference)
Solder
Tools required - Soldering iron, Wire cutters/strippers, drill bits, stepped bit, file, etc.

I jumped in the deep end when I first started, too. Glad I did, wish I hadn't! 😸

Thanks for the Tayda LINKs Mr PedalPCB... that's gonna help make my own project look & sound like it's been made in a pro Factory instead of cobbledy-gooped together by me.

What would be a good substitute for the 106un70? I’m looking for some that would fit the hfe requirements but going through smallbear they’re either too low (10-40) or too high (over 100).
Is it more a sort through what I’ve got myself and hope for the best or is there a particular type that would meet the parameters?

Back
Top Bottom