Custom OD Combo "Tone TwEQ'd Whisper of Screams"

Cybercow

Building out a couple of one-offs for a friend (and one for me) of "Whisper of Screams" followed by a "Super Tone TwEQ" for excellent 3-band EQ control. A rather handy build; if I do say so myself.

20230216_142153770_iOS.jpg

The 'Whisper of Screams' is a traced Kasha OD circuit - just a couple of JFETs to create a delightful OD with a 6-way rotary to select the amount of grit. The Kasha OD wen out of production in the 90's and originally had only four OD options. It came to my bench for repair and when I saw it used no clipping diodes or other clipping elements, I grew intrigued enough to trace it in order to learn what the circuit etymology was on about.

Kasha_Overdrive_As_Arrived.jpg Kasha_Overdrive_PCB_01.jpg Kasha_J-FET_Distortion-v5a_Analysis.png

The 'Super Tone TwEQ' is GuitarPCB add-on project board to provide three bands of EQ and good amount of extra clean boost. To get the board to sit properly in the 1590XX enclosure, I needed to flip the pots to keep the knobs closer to the top of the enclosure face, further away from the stomps. The stuffing test went well, so I went for it.
WoS_ToneTwEQ_BS_Pot_Wiring.jpg WoS_ToneTwEQ_BS_Stuff_Test.jpg

And a big shout out to Spencer at AmplifyFun for doing such a great job on drilling and painting the enclosures!
20230210_223049915_iOS.jpg

Thanks for reading. Happy building!

Back