cutting bass from Buzz Tone

almondcity

Is it possible to add a bass control to the Selmer Buzz Tone? Like would reducing the value of the first and/or cap do the job?

1701550916088.png

It sounds like you want blendable caps in lieu of C1. Here are some ideas

Depending on which option you pick you may have to dial back the value of R1.

Thanks. Yeah I've implemented something like this so will see how it goes when PCB gets here

BOBA  FET THIS IS THE WAY.jpeg

This is NOT the way...
1657551058405-png.28749

...according to Jon Patton, from a Madbean thread:
I wouldn't use the panner version with the caps on the outside lugs for a Fuzz Face. Use the version with just lugs 2 and 3 (variable resistor in series with a capacitor). The panner version will put constant resistance between the guitar and the circuit at every position except the far right and far left. It might work, but it is not going to work like a fuzz face except at the extremes of the dial. The input impedance of a Fuzz Face is only about 50K, so at the center of the pot, you are cutting the signal by HALF.

Would there be much difference between these two configurations?

I used the one on the right for a fuzz face and it seems cool.

1702653864084.png

1702654219487.png

Last edited:
Would there be much difference between these two configurations?

I used the one on the right for a fuzz face and it seems cool.

View attachment 63275

View attachment 63278

The only thing I'd change is to make 2 connect to 1, instead of 3. I'm sure it doesn't matter to the signal-electrons flying around, but to my brain's way of interpretation... It's like 3 diverts dry signal back through 2 where there's already dry about to hit C4 💥 . I'd want 2 funnelling signal to the bigger cap, because...

The only thing I'd change is to make 2 connect to 1, instead of 3. I'm sure it doesn't matter to the signal-electrons flying around, but to my brain's way of interpretation... It's like 3 diverts dry signal back through 2 where there's already dry about to hit C4 💥 . I'd want 2 funnelling signal to the bigger cap, because...

Cool. I’ll try that and see if it makes a difference. Thanks!

Back