2-in-1 with Charge Pump IC

VanWhy

So I'm building the Gnat Fuzz and the Buzz Tone Fuzz and would like to just throw them both in 1 enclosure. Before I do I want to make sure I can power them both with one jack. Both of them use the TC1044SCPA charge pump IC. If I hook them up in the standard method of combining 2 pedals, will that work? As long as the electrolytic caps are at least 25V, correct? And would this allow me to power them with either a 9V or 18V power supply?

I’m pretty sure a 1044 has just about the Same specs as the 1054 I know there are some light differences but the 1054 can only be powered with a 9v anything else will not end well. The 1054 and 1044 are charge pumps and can produce +9,-9 and+18v.

I’m pretty sure a 1044 has just about the Same specs as the 1054 I know there are some light differences but the 1054 can only be powered with a 9v anything else will not end well. The 1054 and 1044 are charge pumps and can produce +9,-9 and+18v.
So internally those chips are just producing +9,-9, and +18V, correct? I should still be able to run both of those pedals at the same time with one 9V jack and power supply?

If you trace your cards right, you may be able to get away with powering both with one charge pump. It would require some hackery though.

Back