SOLVED Cyborg Drive Filter Not Doing Much

Footsolder

Checked through the joints and parts, cleaned flux, but the filter/tone control is having very little effect on the sound. I can hear it filtering the high frequencies in the background noise but certainly not cocked-wah territory. Any known issues with this, or is it just very subtle? Readings are; IC1 4.60, 4.60, 4.37, 0.00, 4.65, 4.66, 4.68, 9.11 IC2 4.96, 4.94, 4.94, 0.00, 4.66, 4.66, 4.67, 9.11 Q1 E 5.20, B 4.60, C 0.00 Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0624.jpeg
    IMG_0624.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 9
So, I had two boards and built the second to see if that was any different. It is the same, very minimal effects from the tone/filter. The schematic of the filter section is 1:1 with the Ibanez WH10 wah - so the tone should have a gnarly sweep. Anyone built this and found the same?

I just checked all your resistor codes and all of those seems fine... did you sub the transistor for Q1? cant see what it is.. possible you heated it up too much or tranny from a bad source?

and are you positive you had the 2 led polarized correctly?
Thanks for replying :) I used a 2N3906 as per the build doc and replaced it to be sure (and switched orientation). I'm sure the clipping LEDs are correctly orientated, they glow when I strum. I also built the same board twice with the same results, but maybe made the same mistake twice, ha ha. It seems like the frequency range for the tone/filter control is way off

Back